Looking for PenPals for my DD & DS

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
forGodsglory

Looking for PenPals for my DD & DS

Unread post by forGodsglory » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:19 am

I am trying to introduce letter writing to my dd, 10 and my ds, 9 for next school year. I really think it will help their writing skills and their handwriting. I know it can be kind of scary in this day and age to give out information to "strangers", but I am praying God will send the exact right people so that my children can experience the simple joys of old-fashioned letter writing and getting a piece of mail in the box!:)

I would like to find a little boy for my son to write to and a little girl for my daughter. Hopefully, they would all become lifelong friends, even if only long-distance. I don't mind just using Post Office boxes if that's more comfortable for you. Another brother and sister would be nice, but not necessary:)

Please pray concerning this and get back with me if you would be interested in doing something like this.

BTW, my dd will turn 11 in a few months and my son turns 10 in the summer.

lovehomeschooling

Re: Looking for PenPals for my DD & DS

Unread post by lovehomeschooling » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:54 am

We may be interested. My son is 10, 11 in the summer and is interested in a penpal. My daughter is only 8 though, so she would be a little young for youd dd. I know you were hoping for siblings. I am waiting to hear back from someone else in regards to a penpal for him. It has been a week, so I'm not sure if that one will work out or not.

My son's only concern is his writing ability. He has dyslexia, so he is concerned that his writing will not be as good as his penpals. So maybe it would be better that your son is a year younger? My son is in fourth grade.

Please let me know if you are interested anf we can chat more. :)
DS10- MFW RTR, AAS3, Rightstart Math E, and Rosseta Stone Spanish
DD8- AAR 2, AAS 1, RS B, and Abeka Handwriting
DS6- MFW K, RS A, AAR 1, and Abeka HW
DS2- Tagging along
Used MFW K 2012, 2013, 2016 MFW 1st 2012, 2015 Adv 2013 ECC 2014 CTG 2015 RTR 2016

ruthamelia

Unread post by ruthamelia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:40 pm

HI- I sent you a PM but not sure if it went through? My niece and nephew are 11 and almost 9. If you're still looking we'd be happy to give it a try!

Ruth
Kids in school: 15, 13, 11, 8, 6, 4, 4
We have used: K, First, all Investigate years
2018-2019: First, ECC, AHL

forGodsglory

Unread post by forGodsglory » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:47 pm

lovehomeschooling-Thank you so much for responding to my post and I apologize for not getting back with you til now. My son would be happy to write to your son. He does not do a big amount of writing, so his handwriting isn't the best either. No worries there:) I asked my dd and she said that she would love to write to your daughter. She doesn't care about the age difference.

I have someone else who may be able to be a penpal too, but I think two penpals for each of my dc would be great! I understand if you get a response back from the other person though, and want to go with that one. No problem at all. Just let me know!:)

Thanks again, and God bless!

forGodsglory

Unread post by forGodsglory » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Ruth, I just PM'd you back:)