AHL: Where are the map activities? Thx!

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
mom2h

AHL: Where are the map activities? Thx!

Unread post by mom2h »

My son loves geography, but on my flip through, I see mapwork on the weekly grid with page numbers. but can't find the resource.
I' m probably overlooking it.

Thanks,
Rhonda
Julie - Staff

Re: AHL: Where are the map activities? Thx!

Unread post by Julie - Staff »

Hi Rhonda,

The answer depends on when your Lesson Plans were printed!

When my youngest used AHL, it came with the mapping book and atlas that are now included in WHL. Moving those to WHL was phased in around 2014 and 2015. World History has a LOT of mapping (earning an extra 0.25 credit, if it is all completed), so those items were always primarily WHL items. (Ancient History just studies a handful of areas of the world.)

In current packages, the AHL maps are included in the Appendix of the Lesson Plans, and the AHL package now includes a shorter atlas more focused on Biblical history: The Student Bible Atlas.

Hoping that helps you find what you need,
Julie
mom2h

Unread post by mom2h »

Hi, Julie,

Are the maps found in the appendix of the "teacher guide"/weekly grid or the AHL Supplement? I've looked in both and still can't find them. My version is Feb. 2013, with the supplement being Dec. 2012. That makes me think I need to look elsewhere. Thanks.
mom2h

Unread post by mom2h »

What was the title of the WHL mapping book?
Julie - Staff

Unread post by Julie - Staff »

mom2h wrote:Are the maps found in the appendix of the "teacher guide"/weekly grid or the AHL Supplement? I've looked in both and still can't find them. My version is Feb. 2013, with the supplement being Dec. 2012. That makes me think I need to look elsewhere.
Currently, the maps are in the Appendix of the Daily Lesson Plans (DLP). By the way, Teacher's Guides are called DLP in high school because they're written to the student :-) .

Since the mapping changed around 2014, I'm guessing you don't have the maps in your DLP appendix?

One way to tell the difference is to check the list of AHL materials in your DLP, and compare that to the AHL materials listed in the sample online: https://www.mfwbooks.com/downloads/pdfs ... sample.pdf (scroll down to page 7 of the 20-page AHL sample, and look down to the bottom of the page, under History)

If yours DLP lists "Student Bible Atlas" like the sample does, then that's the atlas used when the maps are in the Appendix. If yours doesn't list that atlas, but instead lists the books that were moved to WHL (see below), then those are the books you need for your AHL assignments.
mom2h wrote:What was the title of the WHL mapping book?
The books that used to be included in AHL but are now included in WHL are:
(1) World History Map Activities https://www.mfwbooks.com/item/16705/Wor ... ctivities/
(2) Rand McNally Historical Atlas of the World (cover may look different for older versions of AHL) https://www.mfwbooks.com/item/16706/His ... the-World/

I'm guessing these are the books you need, or maybe after looking at the photos linked above, you will find that you already have them?!
Julie
mom2h

Unread post by mom2h »

Thanks, Julie! I don't think I have either of those...

Rhonda