Five Flavors of Homeschooling

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
jhagberg

Five Flavors of Homeschooling

Unread post by jhagberg »

Hi Julie,

Thank you for calling and visiting with me today. I really enjoyed our conversation.

I found the quiz that I told you about. It's called Five Flavors of Homeschooling, and the link on YouTube is:
https://youtu.be/GrpgDC0Rosc

This video really helped me become more content and more confident in my own personal style of homeschooling, particularly with MFW.

I hope you enjoy it!
Joyce

Mother of 4 boys...
Expecting my first grandchild this summer -- another boy!
Julie - Staff

Re: Five Flavors of Homeschooling

Unread post by Julie - Staff »

Hi Joyce,

I'm glad you enjoyed a call from MFW today! I don't do calls, but I can let the other Julie know :)

My youngest is in college now, but your link sounds interesting. I think I'll go listen to it :)

Julie
bethinga

Unread post by bethinga »

This is great! Thank you!
Beth in GA
Mom to a boy and a girl
Using MFW since 2012
allgrace

Unread post by allgrace »

I watched this and it was helpful. But I found David Hazell's workshop 'What should Christians be teaching in the 21st Century" to be more helpful. I have been focused on teaching the academics and what style fits me, but listening to this cd helped me to see that the style of academic homeschooling doesn't matter nearly as much as putting my energy into teaching my kids about who God is, to love Him, and to serve Him. This was freeing for me. I feel like I can just use MFW as is and be freed up to focus my energy on the Spiritual training of my kids.
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds11:RTR
Dd8:RTR
Dd6: MFW 1st
Ds 4: preschool workbooks
Ds. 2: preschool