Easy Grammar Ultimate Series

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
Rox

Easy Grammar Ultimate Series

Unread post by Rox »

As we are finishing 8th and planning for 9th, I realize that if we have an area that we have fallen behind on it would be the MFW language arts recommendations. If my son has not completed Easy Grammar grade 8, will he possibly struggle with the high school MFW English program. He has completed the Applications of Grammar ( 7th grade) recommendation with a B average. I have not seen the Easy Grammar grade 8, so I do not know what skills/ preparation he may have missed. Please advise. Thank you.
Rox, wife of a Godly man and mother of two boys.
We are thrilled to have used MFW for many years. Thanks to God for blessing our family through homeschooling with MFW!!!
Julie - Staff

Re: Easy Grammar Ultimate Series

Unread post by Julie - Staff »

Hi Rox,
Yay for your son's B average in 7th grade grammar! He had thorough instruction in grammar, and he did well!

Easy Grammar 8 is used for review, to keep skills sharp. How is his grammar in his day-to-day writing? Do you see a consistent error you want to go back and review before high school?

If his writing is progressing nicely and if he understands when you point out a grammar-based error in his writing, then I might not worry about it at this point. There will be grammar review in high school (including Easy Grammar 11 used in 11th grade), so it isn't the end of the road for him.

Julie
Rox

Re: Easy Grammar Ultimate Series

Unread post by Rox »

Thank you Julie
Rox, wife of a Godly man and mother of two boys.
We are thrilled to have used MFW for many years. Thanks to God for blessing our family through homeschooling with MFW!!!