Looping

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
afelton

Looping

Unread post by afelton »

Has anyone had success using MFW in a loop achedule? If so, how?

Amanda
Using MFW since 2010.
Wife of Terry since 2002.
M (12) Exp to 1850
H(10) Exp to 1850
E (10) Learning God's Story(recently adopted)
C(8) Exp to 1850
J(6) Learning God's Story
Julie - Staff

Re: Looping

Unread post by Julie - Staff »

Hi Amanda,
I'm not the person you directed your question to, since I didn't use looping, but I thought I'd say hi so your thread didn't get lonely :)

Well, it seems to me that the MFW weekly grids mean that your loops are already spelled out for you, with some things clearly done every day and some things that only need to be done a couple of times a week. So, you might not even need to make long lists for different loops, but just free yourself to do the less-frequent things on whichever day you get to them?!

I know we never looked at the weekly grids as "Monday through Friday assignments" at our house, since we started our school year on Tuesday, and we usually had an outside group that never seemed to meet on light Fridays, so we were just doing things when we got to them. But I did enjoy having my grid, which was kind of like having "looping lists" of what I wanted to accomplish -- already laid out so I didn't forget to do something that was important to me.

I also usually had a "bookmark" in my Teacher's Manual (old junk mail envelope) where I kept a running list of things to do when and if we ever had free time - maybe a science experiment from Week 12, or writing birthday thank-you notes, or watching a relevant video - all things that weren't essential but I could "take them off my brain" and put them on the "someday loop" (if there is such a thing) :)

Hoping to hear of other family styles!
Julie
afelton

Re: Looping

Unread post by afelton »

That is a really great way to look at it! Thanks!
Using MFW since 2010.
Wife of Terry since 2002.
M (12) Exp to 1850
H(10) Exp to 1850
E (10) Learning God's Story(recently adopted)
C(8) Exp to 1850
J(6) Learning God's Story