Need Field Trip ideas - Milwaukee

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
sandlaw0

Need Field Trip ideas - Milwaukee

Unread post by sandlaw0 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:43 am

If you had 3 days to spend in Milwaukee, what 3 places where you would take a 10 year old boy? My list is long, time is short. I couldn't tell if the zoo was set up in biomes. thanks

(Moved to the Main Board for better exposure to questions)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8728#p93543

Julie - Staff

Re: Need Field Trip ideas - Milwaukee

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Sorry no one in the Milwaukee area seemed to be online when you needed them! I'm curious now whether you found the greatest field trips in Milwaukee :)

Julie

sandlaw0

Unread post by sandlaw0 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:06 pm

Heading out in a week...thinking about the discovery science center, the domes, art museum. My brother is taking me to the Harley museum if it all works out...he works at harley, and we are looking forward to his expertise. They don't have kids, so they don't know about kid places to go.
I found out Milwaukee has authentic restaurants, looking forward to the Polish and German.
Haven't found a place to stay yet in our budget. I thought we would scout those out when we get there.
Zoo is low priority for my kid. Thought maybe renting kites or going to the caves if we have an extra day...or if we aren't worn out go to appleton??? To make paper.
So many possibilities...never been...so feeling a little overwhelmed.

Julie - Staff

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:38 am

What a wonderful plan! I was going to mention being sure to spend some time on the great lake there, but it sounds like that Discovery museum has a ship replica right on the lake, with info about shipping and the great lakes - so cool! Have fun, and share when you get back if you'd like!
Julie