Saxon Dive CD on YouTube!?

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
scrapper4life

Saxon Dive CD on YouTube!?

Unread post by scrapper4life » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:12 pm

I happened upon the lectures from the DIVE CD on YouTube. Is this the same as the CD that comes from the company? I'm wondering if they put them out there because fewer people have a CD drive (Chromebook here). Anyway, I'm wondering if there is more content on those CDs other than the video lesson lectures. Anyone use them and know?

Julie - Staff

Re: Saxon Dive CD on YouTube!?

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:31 pm

Hello,
Interesting to see those videos. I'm in conversation with the office about this, to see if anyone there can add anything. And maybe now that the holidays are winding down, someone on the Message Board who's using this right now will chime in here as well (alas, my youngest is a junior in college now!).

But my first impression is that they must be offered as samples - full lectures but not all of the lectures? For instance, there are 120 lessons in the Algebra 1 DIVE program, but I only see about a dozen posted on Youtube. https://diveintomath.com/cd-dive-lectur ... d-edition/
Julie

Julie - Staff

Re: Saxon Dive CD on YouTube!?

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi again,

The office staff has talked with DIVE and confirmed that the DIVE videos posted on YouTube are samples and not the complete series.

It seems nice to have the substantial samples, to help see their value in teaching Saxon math!

Julie