New Year

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
bethinga

New Year

Unread post by bethinga » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:57 pm

So, what are you all doing differently, if anything, for school this new year?

My kids can't handle much change because they depend on our routine. But I've started listing their independent work on clipboards so they can check things off as they go. That way they know what to do when I'm working with their sibling without me stopping to tell them.
Beth in GA
Mom to a boy and a girl
Using MFW since 2012

allgrace

Re: New Year

Unread post by allgrace » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:49 am

I am working on a new routine. We start the day with Bible. Then I work with my 2 and 4 year old using AAAT and Workbook for 4 year old. Then I read with my 2, 4, 6 year old. My 9 year old is supposed to be working independently during this time, but he often gets distracted and wants to read with us. We are still working on that. My baby is hopefully happy and hanging out. Then he goes down for his morning nap and I do kinder with my 6 year old. Then I work with my 9 year old on math or English, etc. Then by this time it is usually lunch time since we start school late morning. After lunch we finish ECC as a family. I used to feel bad for starting school around 10 am instead of early, but I think we all do better with leisurely mornings and I have time to workout and pray or rest if we had a bad night of sleep.
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: MFW K
Ds 3: AAAT
Ds. 1: being very active😜

manyblessings

Re: New Year

Unread post by manyblessings » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Working on a new routine. I found a printable on a mom's blog that made sense to my brain. I put it in a dry erase pocket and reuse it. So far, so good. Between the holidays and a round of flu and bad coughs, my home fell apart. A fresh start is helping me rebuild :-)
Lourdes
Mom of 4 adults, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 1 in 1st, and
3 in heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, and 9/13/13
Married to my soul mate since 6/20/09
Past: MFW K, ECC, AAAT, VOD, GCA
2018-2019 LGS