Is it okay to take 2 years to go through Adventures?

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
Selahmp

Is it okay to take 2 years to go through Adventures?

Unread post by Selahmp » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:52 pm

My child is doing well in Adventures, but seems to be moving a little slower then anticipated. Next year will be her third grade and was thinking of adding more in the way of spelling, math, and language, but wanted to wait to start her on ECC till 4th grade. Sound okay? Thank you!

allgrace

Re: Is it okay to take 2 years to go through Adventures?

Unread post by allgrace » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:40 pm

I think it is ok. I know I read a post about doing adv. And ECC both over a year and a half or doing ECC over 2 years. It just depends on what you want to do. We are doing ECC and I like it for 3rd grade because my son will repeat it in 8th and that is a great age to study geography and missions. But I think a 4th grader would get more out of it than a 3rd grader.
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: MFW K
Ds 3: AAAT
Ds. 1: being very active😜

Selahmp

Unread post by Selahmp » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:48 pm

Thank you so much, and this was helpful and encouraging! God bless to you and your family!

allgrace

Unread post by allgrace » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:09 pm

I just want to clarify that I love ECC! My 3rd grader loves it, but some of the assignments are above him. Probably because its the first multi age year. However, he is learning a lot. I just have to simplify some of the assignments. And since I have so many littles I think Adventures would have been easier for me. But, even my 4 year old knows some countries and is learning about God's heart for the world. And my 2 year old has some countries in his vocabulary! And I really love the idea of having my son study a year of Geography and missions in 8th grade because it is such a formidable time and we are a missions minded family. So for us we chose to do ECC now. But I think I wouldn't have to simplify assignments for a 4th grader ( I am not talking about assignments for older students) or maybe its just my son😊. Either way you choose, I think it will be good because MFW is good and I believe God will use it for his glory. Pray and trust where God leads you! May God bless you on this journey!
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: MFW K
Ds 3: AAAT
Ds. 1: being very active😜

Julie - Staff

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:19 pm

My son LOVED ECC in 3rd grade. It was his first year homeschooling, but it was lots of fun in 3rd grade -- and I'd say in 8th grade was very interesting.

If a student does ECC in 2nd or 3rd, then they will get to do it again. I always like to say to make sure you do the fun stuff the first time through because in 7-8th, the student might not enjoy the same things -- singing songs with the children from around the world, reading fairy tales from around the world, watching a special tree change across seasons on nature walks, or making simple things like hummus or the treat in the Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe (can't remember what that treat was, but we'd never tried it).

If you go ahead and do ECC, enjoy!
Julie

manyblessings

Unread post by manyblessings » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Julie-Turkish Delight :) I remember trying that years ago-but we bought it, I was afraid to try to make it :-)
Lourdes
Mom of 4 adults, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 1 in 1st, and
3 in heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, and 9/13/13
Married to my soul mate since 6/20/09
Past: MFW K, ECC, AAAT, VOD, GCA
2018-2019 LGS

Julie - Staff

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:43 pm

Ha, either way, once was enough for us! Funny how sweets in some places arent appreciated in others :)

Thanks for helping with the name - that’s the one!

Julie