First grade

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
allgrace

First grade

Unread post by allgrace » Tue May 29, 2018 8:39 pm

I am just wondering if the math program in first grade is complete without the library books? We don't have a good library and I have started buying bookbasket books but can't buy too many. I am going to be teaching CTG also so I will buy books for that. Do I need books for first math and science too? Or will ctg books be enough? Are there certain first grade book basket topics to focus on?
Thanks
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: MFW K
Ds 3: VOD
Ds. 2: being very active😜

Julie - Staff

Re: First grade

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Wed May 30, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi Grace,

Yes, the 1st grade package is complete on its own.

There is a list of 1st grade math topics covered on the Lesson Overview pages in the 1st grade sample: https://www.mfwbooks.com/itemFiles/9210 ... Sample.pdf .

Those math topics are covered in several ways throughout the year, using a variety of materials:
  • Hands-on materials (Unifix Cubes, Geared Student Clock, Wooden Pattern Blocks, Pattern Animals: Puzzles for Pattern Blocks)
  • Activities in the Teacher's Manual and Student Sheets
  • Supplementary materials (Horizontal Addition and Subtraction Flashcard Set, games and practice pages inThe Complete Book of Math)
The literature is a great addition, but you can cover all the topics without those books, if they are not available.

Julie

allgrace

Unread post by allgrace » Wed May 30, 2018 4:08 pm

Great! Thank you
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: MFW K
Ds 3: VOD
Ds. 2: being very active😜

MelissaB

Unread post by MelissaB » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi, Grace ~

I just want to second what Julie said about First math. It is so complete. Our daughter is now 13, and we were so pleased at the solid foundation it gave her, and will give your little one for future math in years to come!

Btw, CTG & 1st are really fun to do together! Enjoy! :-)
Melissa B. (Arkansas)
Girls ages 16 & 13
Completed K, 1st, and Investigate {ECC; CTG; RTR; Expl.-1850; and 1850-Mod. Times}
"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,.." Titus 2:4