MFW w/Mystery of History?

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
faiths13

MFW w/Mystery of History?

Unread post by faiths13 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Is it possible to use MFW RTR with Mystery of History instead of SOTW?

DS4home

Re: MFW w/Mystery of History?

Unread post by DS4home » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:52 pm

I really enjoyed the Mystery of History. I used it more as a supplement though, not that MFW needed any supplementing. I'm just a bit of an over achiever in that way I guess, lol! :~ But if you wanted to sub out SOTW, I think that would probably be doable.
Celebrating our 28th Anniversary <3
Amber(HS Grad, Married), Carmen(HS+Col Grad, Married), Nathan(HS Grad, College), & Bethany(9th).

2018: AHL for the 4th time!
Completed the MFW cycle: Pre K-yr.5, AHL(pilot), WHL, US Hist.1

Julie - Staff

Re: MFW w/Mystery of History?

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:41 pm

Anything is possible, especially for a homeschool parent! My Father's World leaves room for Book Basket, independent reading, and extra read-alouds, so adding more reading (like Dawn did) is do-able :)

I just thought I'd mention a couple things from my very limited experience:

(1) I think you'd need to read two whole volumes of MOH during Rome to the Reformation, each of which is like 500 pages as I recall?
(2) The one year we had a MOH volume was during Creation to the Greeks, and my son strongly preferred reading from the "real Bible" rather than summarized stories provided in the MOH volume we had. I haven't read the two volumes that would apply to RTR, though.
(3) Just a reminder that Marie Hazell adds readings directly from the Bible and from Christian books like Trial and Triumph. She also adds a colorful, visual book like Medeival World to bring stories to life.

Hope that helps as you evaluate your options!
Julie