Organizing the Binder - Exploration to 1850

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
kgdaniels

Organizing the Binder - Exploration to 1850

Unread post by kgdaniels » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:39 pm

Does anyone have an organizational set up for the History binder laid out to explain to me? I am doing MFW for the first time this year. I have an older version of Ex-1850 that was given to me. I have all our curriculum and am trying to get supplies, etc ready for the school year. Anyhow, I have read the notebook information in the teacher's guide and see how the kids will set up their science notebooks, but I am at a loss on where to find how they are to organize the history notebook. Two sets of dividers are suggested per child with the three notebooks for English, History and Science. I am not understanding where the second set of dividers are to be used and what the tabs should be labeled. Maybe I am making this way too complicated, but I don't want to open packages of dividers I don't need. If anyone is willing to send a quick explanation or picture, I would be grateful!

[moved to the Main Board for better exposure]

allgrace

Re: Organizing the Binder - Exploration to 1850

Unread post by allgrace » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:08 am

Hi, I am probably not the best person to answer this because I just organize the binders the way that is easiest for me. We just started CTG but I am assuming each history cycle year is similar. I have one binder for math and language arts and put two dividers in it to separate math, writing assignments, and English. The other binder I put the CTG notebook cover on and it is for history and science. I just put one divder in that one to separate history and science. I think you can organize the binders in a way that works best for you and your kids.
Hth
Grace
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: MFW K
Ds 3: AAAT
Ds. 1: being very active😜

DS4home

Re: Organizing the Binder - Exploration to 1850

Unread post by DS4home » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:28 pm

We have done ours similarly. Every year we get two binders. One is for history, the other is for all other subjects that have random papers to be filed. Our history notebook doesn't have any dividers, we just fill it as we go putting each days paper in after working on it. The other binder gets all the dividers, and sometimes we don't even label them until there is a need. I put a pack of dividers into the binder and leave them blank. By the end of the first month we have several labeled such as handwriting, writing, grammar, science, sometimes vocab, it differs a bit each year. Sometimes if I know all of our handwriting will be Bible verses I'll label it Bible instead of handwriting. Make it work for you, don't over complicate it :)

Dawn
Celebrating our 28th Anniversary <3
Amber(HS Grad, Married), Carmen(HS+Col Grad, Married), Nathan(HS Grad, College), & Bethany(9th).

2018: AHL for the 4th time!
Completed the MFW cycle: Pre K-yr.5, AHL(pilot), WHL, US Hist.1