Where to find a good globe?

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
arosemalone

Where to find a good globe?

Unread post by arosemalone » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:13 pm

I want to find a more durable globe to replace the beach ball globes we had. I don't think any stores in our little town sell globes, so I want to look for one next time I go to a large city (Bangor). What kind of store would sell the kind of globe that would work for a homeschooling family? It must be affordable, detailed, and durable. If any of you have any ideas of where to look for a globe in or near Bangor, Maine, please let me know. I want to hold the globe in my hands before I purchase it, so I don't want to resort to shopping online this time.

Julie - Staff

Re: Where to find a good globe?

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:35 pm

This is the perfect time of year to find a globe. Even stores like Target and Walmart often carry globes during the back-to-school season. If you're heading to a larger town, then you might do a search for Teacher Supply Stores, as well.

arosemalone

Unread post by arosemalone » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:11 am

My search for teacher supply stores in Bangor is coming up empty. Anyone have some specific names of stores I can check? I think they still have Target there, so maybe I can look there for a globe when we go.

DS4home

Unread post by DS4home » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:53 am

I think in the past I've seen them in Staples as well.

Dawn
Celebrating our 28th Anniversary <3
Amber(HS Grad, Married), Carmen(HS+Col Grad, Married), Nathan(HS Grad, College), & Bethany(9th).

2018: AHL for the 4th time!
Completed the MFW cycle: Pre K-yr.5, AHL(pilot), WHL, US Hist.1

arosemalone

Unread post by arosemalone » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:01 pm

I eventually found a good globe at Books a Million. Thanks for the suggestions.