Cooking with Young Children

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
Marie

Cooking with Young Children

Unread post by Marie » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:43 am

Do you have young children who would enjoy cooking with you? Here are some super simple recipes from our preschool program, All Aboard the Animal Train. What do you enjoy cooking with your children?

Pink Milk
5 strawberries
½ c. milk

Help your child count and wash five strawberries. Drop them into a blender or smoothie maker, and add ½ cup milk. Blend well. This is yummy and healthy!

Easy Layered Black Bean Dip
Put each ingredient in its own bowl on the table:
1 cup sour cream (or container)
1 cup black beans (canned or made at home)
1 cup salsa (or container)
1 cup shredded cheese

Let your child (and each family member) serve himself to create his own dip in his bowl in the order listed above. Serve with tortilla chips. Your child may need a spoon if he finds it difficult to dip with just a chip.

Marie

manyblessings

Re: Cooking with Young Children

Unread post by manyblessings » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:22 pm

We have truly enjoyed making all the recipes in AAAT, VOD, and GCA :) It has added a lot of fun and togetherness to our days. I love having that reminder in my teacher manual to include my child in the kitchen. My now first grader enjoys cooking and baking with me. Last week, we made some cinnamon muffins :-)
Lourdes
Mom of 4 adults, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 1 in 1st, and
3 in heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, and 9/13/13
Married to my soul mate since 6/20/09
Past: MFW K, ECC, AAAT, VOD, GCA, LGS
2019-2020: ADV