Considering Kindle version some ECC books...

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
LemonadeLover

Considering Kindle version some ECC books...

Unread post by LemonadeLover » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:56 am

I'm in the process of preparing my order for starting MFW with ECC this fall. Because we live overseas, I'm trying to find as many books on kindle as I can to avoid extra shipping charges (and if/when we move again, heavier suitcases).

My main question is whether it is worth it to get the Kingdom Tales trilogy on kindle. For the version with pictures, it's almost the same price, but comes in 3 separate volumes WITHOUT the added discussion questions. How critical are those? The version without pictures costs even less, are they worth paying more for?

I'm also considering the kindle version for: Children's Atlas of God's World, Geography from A to Z, Global Art, and the Christian Heros: Then and Now books. Is there any reason you would discourage me from getting the e-version of any of these titles?
Wife of Mr. Visionary for 10 years
Mom of 4 kiddos: DD(8), DS(6), DS(4), DD(1)

allgrace

Re: Considering Kindle version some ECC books...

Unread post by allgrace » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:19 pm

Hello,
The Kingdom Tales hardcover book that I bought did not have pictures, but I bought it from a bookstore. I did find the discussion questions helpful. They helped to point towards the main point and lesson in the story. But I have young kids and they needed that. You could also just read the story and discuss as a family. Children's Atlas of God's World is a very nice book. We love it and it is great to have it in book form so that kids can look at it easily at any time. I think the other books would be fine as e-versions, especially the Christian Heroes then and now since they are read alouds and do not have pictures. The Geography from A to Z is a very thin book though so it is worth getting in book form if you want.

Blessings to you,
Grace
Last edited by allgrace on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: MFW K
Ds 3: AAAT
Ds. 1: being very active😜

arosemalone

Unread post by arosemalone » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:51 am

Geography from A to Z is used through almost the whole program. I think you're thinking of Maps and Globes. Both are good books.

allgrace

Unread post by allgrace » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:05 pm

Oh yes! I corrected it. Sorry.
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: MFW K
Ds 3: AAAT
Ds. 1: being very active😜