Light in the Dark -- Minutes with Marie

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
Marie

Light in the Dark -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by Marie » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:11 am

Very early this morning I was sitting in the dark, looking out the window at the clouds in the predawn sky. Because of the thick clouds, only a tiny spot of orange shone from the sun about to rise. It was such a small bit of orange, but it refreshed my weary heart. As I gazed at that bit of light, I thought of how God’s light can shine through the darkest times.

But I wasn’t ready for what happened next! I had been focusing on that small patch of light, pondering God’s power and presence, and I hadn’t seen what was happening in the rest of the sky. When I happened to gaze north, I saw clouds rapidly being swept away by a great force. God was speaking to my heart: "You have no idea how big and powerful I am!”

As the sky continued to clear, a magnificent light reached from the horizon far into the heavens -- from a direction I had not expected. I was taken by surprise and in awe at God’s presence.

I had been clinging to God, seeing a tiny patch of light in the dark. Sometimes that is all we see in the midst of our storms.

But God was saying to my heart, “Be faithful and let the small patches of light feed your soul as you go through difficulties. Know that I am with you in the darkest times. But also be confident that I will overcome the dark. In my timing. In my way. You have no idea what I am planning! I am the triumphant King and I will be victorious.”

Poohbee

Re: Light in the Dark -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by Poohbee » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:53 am

Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing, Marie!
Jen
happily married to Vince (19 yrs)
blessed by MFW since 2006
have used every year K-1850MOD
2018-2019: Adventures with 9yo boy