Homeschooling overseas

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
allgrace

Homeschooling overseas

Unread post by allgrace » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:53 pm

Hi everyone,
My husband and I are applying with a missionary organization. As we are moving along in the process I was wondering if anyone on here has transitioned to mission work while homeschooling?
How did you juggle time for fundraising, moving, etc. And homeschooling? Did you take a break from school or do something other than MFW while you transitioned?
Also, what is it like homeschooling overseas?
We feel called to continue homeschooling overseas so any advice you have is helpful.
Thank you,
Grace
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: MFW K
Ds 3: AAAT
Ds. 1: being very active😜

Julie - Staff

Re: Homeschooling overseas

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi Grace,

I suppose international families are pretty busy with ministry plus homeschooling :)

While you wait, I thought I'd share an archive of conversations between international families, in case there is a gem in there for you: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5480

Also, the recent conversation about "working" and homeschooling may apply to your situation (and I threw in a link to archives about that topic, as well): viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15939

Thanks for your ministry!
Julie

allgrace

Re: Homeschooling overseas

Unread post by allgrace » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:09 pm

Thank you Julie. I found out that the organization we are working with has an educational consultant who homeschooled her kids overseas so I think she will have some good advice for me. The threads you sent are helpful as well.
Thank you
Grace
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: MFW K
Ds 3: AAAT
Ds. 1: being very active😜