Grade 2 in Canada

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
Livingsprings

Grade 2 in Canada

Unread post by Livingsprings » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:42 pm

Hello, this is my first post here so I am new at how this all works. My son and I have been doing MFW curriculum for K and Grade 1 and we love it. It is so wonderful to be teaching such a balanced, Bible-intergrated curriculum and see my kids growing in the Lord through it all! As we approach grade 2, I am curious as to how the Adventures in US History runs its course. We live in Canada, so I have been following the curriculum from MFW and supplementing with Canadian Social Studies requirements. The Grade 2 package looks wonderful, and I am excited about the US history content as well... I guess I am just wondering how heavy it is, and would it be too much to do alongside a Canadian supplement? Any thoughts, insights, feedback, is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Julie - Staff

Re: Grade 2 in Canada

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:13 pm

Welcome!

I thought I'd chime in while you wait for busy families to share experiences.

Canadian families can use ECC instead of Adventures, but it sounds like you'll enjoy Adventures at your house.

I am thinking that since your library may not have a wide variety of the books listed for the 50 states, you may find it easy to study the state sheet and then move to browsing some info about a nearby province -- one corresponding to the general area where the state most recently covered is located? e.g. offer book basket about Manitoba after doing the state sheet on Minnesota? Just a thought.

Here is an archive that gathers links to different Canadian conversations. Maybe something in there will be perfect in your situation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2749&p=15124#p15124

Enjoy!
Julie

Livingsprings

Unread post by Livingsprings » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:37 am

Thank you, Julie, for your input!

I will definitely be taking a look at the Canadian conversations.

PEI Mom

Unread post by PEI Mom » Tue May 07, 2019 2:57 pm

-*+Personally, we skipped the grade 2 curriculum and went right to the ECE curriculum. I plan to cover Canadian topics using Donna Ward curriculum during the summer.
I live in PEI Canada and I have 5 children ages 10, 8, 6, 4 and 1. I have used MFW preschool, and am currently using MFW pre-k, kindergarten, and ECC.