God's Creation the same year as Creation to the Greeks?

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
Herricr

God's Creation the same year as Creation to the Greeks?

Unread post by Herricr »

I am thinking about starting my kindergartener, age 5, on Exploring God's World while my 4th and 5th grader (9 nd 10), work on Creation to the Greeks. Is this possible? I started MFW curriculum in kindergarten with my eldest child, so familiar with it, it just seems a lot to fit in Creation to Greeks as well? How could I fit both curriculum in every day for all three children? Suggestions or thoughts? Thanks so much!
Robyn
manyblessings

Re: God's Creation the same year as Creation to the Greeks?

Unread post by manyblessings »

The Kindergarten curriculum takes no more than 90 minutes a day, if you are doing the whole thing. That being said, since you have older children, it may make more sense to use only the phonics and math from K and let your K child tag along with the olders for hands on activities in the other subjects. Or you could pick and choose some of the K projects in Bible/Science and some of the hands on projects in CTG. It's not necessary to do each and every activity, as long as the children are learning.
Lourdes
4 adults, 1 in 2nd
3 in heaven
Married 6/20/09
2019-2020: ADV
allgrace

Unread post by allgrace »

I agree with the previous poster. Last year I did all of CTG with all of my kids then did the math and L.A from First Grade and I started my 3rd child on MFW K slowly. I just do some of the K activities. For example, for the P penguin week we read a book about pengiuns, watched a penguin video online, and made the penguin cake. I have taught K a few times now and only do the few activities that I really enjoy and are feasible to do for our life stage. I also fit her K lessons and activities into other times of the day and might do the fun activities on a Saturday ( only because they are fun and we all enjoy them, not because we have to).
We also read K books other times in the day or you can have an older child read to your K child. Ihope that helps. Ask any more questions you have!
Blessings on your new year!
Grace
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds11:RTR
Dd8:RTR
Dd6: MFW 1st
Ds 4: preschool workbooks
Ds. 2: preschool
allgrace

Unread post by allgrace »

Oh and Kinder doesnt take us long at all to do only Bible, math and L.A.

Grace
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds11:RTR
Dd8:RTR
Dd6: MFW 1st
Ds 4: preschool workbooks
Ds. 2: preschool
Herricr

Unread post by Herricr »

Thank you so much! This is so helpful!