Family - Will MFW work with only one child?

filupsd

Re: MFW with an "only" child?

Unread post by filupsd » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Our children are 11 years apart and our oldest went through public school. We have been using MFW with our youngest son since Preschool and he is now 9th and doing Ancient History and Lit. wow10+ years) My wife and I have been fortunate enough to pour God's word into our son through the MFW curriculum. Yes, we have modified it at times to follow interest but he has enjoyed each year. He always comes up with something at the end of the year that he really enjoyed. We did ECC with the 2nd edition TM as an 8th grader and again had the opportunity and time to pursue things in each country that interested my son. I am, as a Dad, so proud of my son and the confidence he has in his faith and how he is unashamed to share his faith.

I will disclose that I for the last four years have had the privilege of working in the office at MFW and serving our customers.
filupsd
Married to the most beautiful teacher for 26 years.
two ds C1 25yo & C2 14yo
we have used Preschool - Modern & back to ECC and now High School

manyblessings

Re: MFW with an "only" child?

Unread post by manyblessings » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:26 pm

filupsd wrote:Our children are 11 years apart and our oldest went through public school. We have been using MFW with our youngest son since Preschool and he is now 9th and doing Ancient History and Lit. wow10+ years) My wife and I have been fortunate enough to pour God's word into our son through the MFW curriculum. Yes, we have modified it at times to follow interest but he has enjoyed each year. He always comes up with something at the end of the year that he really enjoyed. We did ECC with the 2nd edition TM as an 8th grader and again had the opportunity and time to pursue things in each country that interested my son. I am, as a Dad, so proud of my son and the confidence he has in his faith and how he is unashamed to share his faith.

I will disclose that I for the last four years have had the privilege of working in the office at MFW and serving our customers.
What a joy to find a curriculum you and your child can grow with through the years! This is what I would like, to stick with one godly curriculum through my daughter's years of school instead of the "curriculum-hopping" I did with my older children. And what a blessing that you get to be part of MFW's "team" as well :)
Lourdes
Mom of 4 adults, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 1 in 1st, and
3 in heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, and 9/13/13
Married to my soul mate since 6/20/09
Past: MFW K, ECC, AAAT, VOD, GCA, LGS
2019-2020: ADV