Compare MFW to other unit studies with activities

Lucy

Compare MFW to other unit studies with activities

Unread post by Lucy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:56 pm

To answer this question, I did a search to check and see if the discussions about other Unit Studies were still on the General Board. Instead of me reinventing the wheel here are some comments I found.

Excerpts from Ginger:
"Your post caught my eye as I was leaving, so I thought I would share a few thoughts. I have a little girl much like your son :) I have also used several Unit Studies for over 8 years :) I have a love/hate relationship with them LOL. There is much planning/library trips/searching through books to find material to present, etc. But, memories are made. I have bought most of the books in some programs, little by little. We love to read them on the couch, but the busy dd has a hard time being still for long.

I found/use/love MFW because it is a lovely combining of the gentle ideas of Charlotte Mason, the clear and consistent covering of history in order, and some fun hands-on activities to give school that spark of excitement. Pray about your decision and you will find the right fit for your family "Blessings~

By Amanda:
"I haven't personally used another Unit Study, but my sister did this year with her 2 school aged children, and while she loved the idea of it, all the planning and preparation required by her was overwhelming to her, and like you said, she did find that she got so into the 'planning' part, that the plans didn't get executed as often as they should have."

I too used other Unit Studies before MFW. I found it to be too much work for me. I like that MFW is laid out for me and comes with good spine books and an extensive library list already looked through for me:) Hope this helps you.
Lucy
Last edited by Lucy on Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wife to Lee and mom to Twila 18 (girl) and Noel 16(boy). Happy MFW user since 2002.

kellybell

Unread post by kellybell » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:58 pm

A friend of mine (who discovered she's really not a unit study type) loaned me her Unit Study for a month or so to look at... It was an older edition but I'm guessing it still has the same flavor.

The activities were amazing. They all looked like fun, but they also looked like a lot of work for mom. They wouldn't have worked for me simply because I like to do ... everything (although I'm learning not to) and I would've done every activity on subjects I like (and probably would've skipped entire studies I didn't care for). I can't imagine the energy it would take to plan and carry off some of the programs. For moms that can do it, more power to them -- I'm sure their kids are having a blast while learning. However, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing for me! I would burn out in about a month!

I liked how MWF has a weekly schedule. This helped me keep my pace, so I don't get bogged down on something (or you could breeze through something too quickly to give it enough attention).

Also, MFW isn't SO unit-study-ish (is that an adjective???) that it ties everything (spelling, etc.) into the unit. So, while MFW recommends some neat spelling and writing resources, you can easily plug in your own favorites if that works better.

I also like MFW's chronological history (after the year of ECC geography). I guess you could use a timeline and jump all over and the kids could "get it" but it makes more sense to me to teach it chronologically.

We're really enjoying that the Bible itself is a centerpiece of our history. It's not just that the Assyrians captured the Israelites, it's that they were meanies and doing it to others too! It all ties together so well!

So, MFW gives our family just the right amount of "unit study" but it doesn't burden me. It's all planned out and it doesn't take much energy.
Kelly, wife to Jim since 1988, mom to Jamie (a girl, 1994), Mary (1996), Brian (1998) and Stephanie (2001).

Unread post by Guest » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:22 pm

This is EXACTLY why MFW is the perfect fit for our family. As the Hazells say, we have to be able to do school "in the real world." I don't feel burned out at all with MFW. It just fits us soooo well.
Blessings,
~Toni~

DS4home

Unread post by DS4home » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:59 pm

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:19 pm

I also like the amount of activities MFW plans. It's not too much and not too little. I am the type of person who gets a little overwhelmed with too many choices. When looking at another program, I saw 14 activity choices (not even including science!) for just one week! For me that is just too much. Too much time wasted looking into each activity before school so that I could make a decision on which ones I might want to do.

Dawn

my3boys

Unread post by my3boys » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:37 pm

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:19 pm

I've gone back to another website and looked at curriculum several times. I think it looks really great.

There are only a few years of it done though. It also looks like it would be harder to combine wider age ranges - it's mostly for grades 4 to 8 I think.

cbollin

Unread post by cbollin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:51 pm

I looked at the website briefly just for fun this afternoon to see if there are some big-picture differences between the programs that I can see.

Here are some key things I’m seeing that might help you along the way to decide what kinds of things you might/might not like. Maybe someone else has used it and can actually compare from experience.

*book 1 starts with Egypt and goes to the time of the reformation.

MFW's history programs start first with a foundation of World Geography and cultures. Then in the history program the sequence is:
Creation to the Greeks.
then Rome to the Reformation.
Exploration to 1850
1850-Modern Times

Anyway... after having taught history the way MFW breaks it up, I’m glad I didn’t follow an Egypt to 1600’s schedule with a 4th grader. But, that is because I was interested in teaching more than just unit studies in history. I want to teach chronological history and add the fun unit studies along the way.

*cost – I’m not sure that it is cheaper than MFW. The teacher’s manual is $90-100, but does not include the student pages or timelines. Now you could say that the other program has a lot more student pages (most of it is related to the unit study style of language arts and grammar). And it is order one set of student pages per student. And then you have to order a game that goes with it and then find the books. and I'm not sure if they do timelines?? I didn't stay on the site all day :)

As you noted, MFW sells the books that it schedules. And MFW uses separate books for many parts of language arts instead of it all being related to the unit study. Those MFW recommendations can be used with more than one student. Just add plain notebook paper.

So, uhm… the cost may not be as big of a difference as it looks because with the other program you have to add several required things. Start to add all of that up.

*from the online samples of the other program, I wouldn’t be able to use that to teach in my real world. We’re all different. But I like the style of MFW's lesson plans.

*I prefer to not have all of my language arts and spelling lessons related to a unit study.

*looks like AWOA offers history based unit study. MFW blends unit studies into Chronological history – classical ed meets Charlotte Mason meets unit study on a biblical worldview foundation. MFW uses the Bible as a spine to cover ancient history from chronological perspective. The fun unit studies of Egypt, and Greece are added in MFW.

-crystal
Last edited by cbollin on Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

professormommy

Unread post by professormommy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:46 pm

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:22 pm

I did one year of another unit study and now have done 3 levels of MFW this year (K, 1st and ECC--still in progress).

I think the other program was wonderful!!! BUT, and for me this is one of the keys, I had such a hard time with the projects. They were more time-consuming and more difficult in the gathering of items--BY FAR!!! If I had only one child like author, it probably would not have been so difficult for me. She markets it for primarily grades 4-8, and that's pretty much okay, maybe a bit much for 4th and struggling 5ths.

Also, she takes a LOOONG time to get the next volumes out. In contrast, MFW is completing a new program every year and will go from PreK through HS. And you would will have to modify up and down to do other than 4th--8th.

Both are Christian, however they are quite different. In my view,
one is history-based, while one (MFW) is Christ/Bible-based---those are my words and characterizations, not MFW's. I prefer for my family the Bible-centered approach that MFW gives us. I also like the mission-mindedness of MFW.

This is just me!!!! Individual results may vary. =-)

Lorelei

Unread post by Lorelei » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:48 pm

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:27 am

I've used both and liked the content just fine for the most part. One thing I'd specifically like to address that impacted me is the layout of the material.

The other program was laid out in a day-by-day fashion whereas MFW offers a new chart for each week, showing all the assignments in nice rows and columns, with additional notes, information and supplies lists, etc. on the following pages. This is the perfect amount of structure for me. I get to see the big picture all on one page with the suggested schedule, but it allows me the flexibility of "tweaking" things around if necessary. On the contrary, I found myself getting frustrated with my previous program if I was unable to complete some of the assignments for one day. I'd need to mark them somehow and remember to go back to them but often forgot about them because of the "out-of-sight, out-of-mind" factor.

I've been homeschooling for 19 years now and have often said MFW has all the best elements of what I've seen over the years. Just for the record, my 8yo DS and 10yo DD thoroughly enjoy using our MFW material and come to the table asking what they "get to learn about today."

my3boys

Re: Did you leave another unit study to come to MFW?......

Unread post by my3boys » Tue May 19, 2009 10:12 pm

Tracy in TN wrote:If so, could you tell me why and if you are glad you switched? What do you like about MFW that makes it better in your opinion? Just when I think I've decided, it changes. :-)
Thanks,
Tracy
We did WP AW the year before we started MFW. We found it to be overwhelming - there were piles of things on the schedule and a ton of books and materials - we only used half of what I had bought. I thought my kids would love all the activity books and crafts, but after a while it was drudgery because there was just so much. MFW has a much more manageable, easier to follow, well balanced schedule that we have found very enjoyable.
Alison
Mom to 3 busy boys ages 11, 8, and 6
finished K, First, ECC, and CtG - currently using RtR

sandi

Unread post by sandi » Wed May 20, 2009 9:04 am

There are books I am not comfortable with. That is one of the very reasons that I love mfw. I know that they read all their books that they recommend for book basket! I can just hand my 13 year old one of the books in the book basket and not have to read it first. That means alot when you are trying to homeschool, take care of baby, and do other things that God has called us too. I just would never have the time to read everything.

Hope that helps you. I know it's easy to be tempted by that shiny catalog but, mfw is just an awesome program. It is very well balanced and teaches God's word which is the most important thing!
His Child,
Sandi

faithmom

Unread post by faithmom » Wed May 20, 2009 1:31 pm

I used one year (American Story I). I thought it would be literature with a few more hands-on things and a slightly easier level. I did not feel that the year of study flowed smoothly, and the books, well, I don't know, we didn't learn as much as I'd hoped. The hands-on seemed mostly to be paper crafts. The schedule for the kids to work alone never seemed to gel.

This is our 6th year homeschooling with various types of curricula. I only wish I had started MFW sooner. It has suited us perfectly. Bible isn't just added on, just the right amount of study that flows really well, do-able art projects that the kids have enjoyed. MFW is very well-rounded and easy to use. The kids have specifically told me they do NOT want to switch curriculum EVER. (Good thing since I wasn't planning to).

Just my perspective. ;)
Irene
Married 20 years
ds-13, dd-11, dd-9, ds-7, dd-3, ds-1
Used ECC, CTG, K, 1st
2010-11 Using RTR and 1st

my3boys

Unread post by my3boys » Wed May 20, 2009 11:48 pm

WP is a christian curriculum. They use MOH as their spine and their ancient history focuses on the Old Testament/ancient Hebrews similar to CtG. I bought one of their reader packages for my 10yo to go along CtG. I also like their timeline resources. Overall MFW is a much more coherent program.
Alison
Mom to 3 busy boys ages 11, 8, and 6
finished K, First, ECC, and CtG - currently using RtR

RobinF

Unread post by RobinF » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Reasons I prefer MFW

1. If you use their core, language arts, math and science you could have at least 4 IGs and that is if you don't have mroe than one la program.

2. My boys prefer the book basket approach. They like to pick one book and read through it.

3. I like that we can substitute our own LA easily into MFW.

4. I didn't feel like it was coherent and the lay out was confusing. I spent more time reworking things to make them fit for our family.

5. Much of the "hands on" aspects we skipped, because it just didn't work for our family.

6. I feel like MFW resonates with our family and a personal desire to raise children that are mission minded. Also we want to raise children with a Christian/Missionary world view. I feel that MFW offers that for my children. The Bible in MFW is integrated and it is truly a study of the Bible not just cute devotionals.

We love some of the books so there are things that I appreciate but as a whole MFW is a better fit for our family.

cbollin

Re: Is ECC What We Need?

Unread post by cbollin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:25 am

blessedbeyond wrote:Hi, We are new to HS this year. Our girls are 6 and 9. That is, 1st and 4th grades. We started the year with AWOA and that did not work out. The content was way to deep for dd6 so we put it aside. We are now doinf FIAR the girls love it but I am having to add alot of extras for dd9. What I would like:

1. Something that both dd6 and dd9 will be able to understand and process
2. Something that is laid out and planned for me. I am spending a huge amount of time each week trying to pull together extra resources
3. Something that will have us in The Word Of God throughout our day. Even in AWOA the bible was touched on but I would like to really be focused on it
4. Something with hands on projects, other than lapbooks and notebooking. My girls love history projects and science experiements
5. Something we can stick to so I dont have to do anymore searching!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. To present our history in a chronilogical format. We are doing the very early years of American history now because that is what the girls were interested in, but we are doing it very slowly using alot of American Girl books and Biographies. We are just finishing our study of Native Americans. I dont think it would be a problem to start with ECC next year and then the history cycle after that. By then, dd6 will be 8 and I think more able to handle and process Ancient history.

I have been looking at going with the ECC deluxe package so that I will basically have everything I need at my fingertips. We visit our library every week so I dont mind adding in some resources, I just dont want our week to depend on it. Does this sound like ECC? Also, on average how long do your days with ECC take? Thanks for any advice.
MFW and ECC definitely provide much of what you mentioned you are looking for. I might even say, all of it.

Younger children have lots in ECC that they can be invited to join in and participate in for Kingdom impact, hands on activities, and family style learning. Edie brought up that first graders still need their own level of learning in many things from phonics, composition, reading, math, etc.. With MFW 1st, you have the ability to give a first grader the right level they need and still be able to invite them in for "dessert" time in ECC. That way they can leave if it gets over their head and you know that you've given them a full day's learning in first.

If you're looking at next year -- 5th and 2nd.... yes, those ages will combine easily in MFW and ECC. There will be times where you'll keep talking to the older child and the younger one can run off for a bit because you are working on the advanced assignment. But you'll have the balance and it's all planned out.

-crystal
Last edited by cbollin on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amy C.

Unread post by Amy C. » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:27 am

Hi! Welcome to HS and to the MFW board! :) I am new to MFW this year. We started ECC in August. We are loving it! I believe it would meet your criteria. ECC is for 3rd-8th graders and 2nd graders with older siblings in the program. So, if you are planning the switch to MFW next year when your girls would be 2nd and 5th, they could do ECC together, each with their own level of LA and math. If you are planning on starting prior to that at the ages of your girls, then it would be ECC for your oldest and 1st grade for your youngest. Of course, a call to the MFW office is always a good thing. They can talk with you about what you are looking for and give you advice, but I believe ECC would be what you would start with in the 5-year cycle, and I believe it would be a good fit to what you are looking for.

My ECC days (including LA and math, lunch and other short breaks as needed) usually last about 4-5 hours - give or take, but I am also hs a Kindergartener using MFW K. I have two in ECC. Some days are longer than others. Fridays are usually shorter (because MFW is a 4-day a week curriculum with a light day). However, sometimes we use this day to catchup on anything we did not get to earlier in the week so it varies. We do not follow a rigid schedule. Not letting things get too strung out time wise, we take the amount of time we need to finish what we are doing. Sometimes that means going a little longer in some subjects. There is a suggested schedule in the front of the ECC teacher's manual, though, that you might find helpful.

HTH in some way! :)

Amy C.

cbollin

Unread post by cbollin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:03 am

blessedbeyond wrote:Just wanted to say that yes, I am looking at this for next year. So girls would be 2nd and 5th. How much teacher prep and planning is involved? I teach my children all their subjects so the teaching time is not a matter just wanted to know how much time to prepare for lessons.
on a weekly basis.....

With 2nd edition ECC, the prep time is 5-10 minutes a week? maybe? I know with first edition -- there was a little bit more prep work at the beginning of the year, but 2nd edition took that away and you just buy a student packet per kid and it get that initial time down to minutes.

basically my big prep time in ECC/MFW is: go to the library about once every 3 weeks to gather enrichment reading. The MFW manual includes titles so I don't even had to figure that out.
I shop once a week for my regular groceries and household needs - so I take 1-5 minutes to make sure before leaving the house that the weekly supply list (which is all written out for me in the manual) is taken care of. Special note in ECC -- I also enjoyed a trip to a craft store for supplies for crafts. Again, the prep time was so minimal as MFW lists that stuff for me. Sometimes I'd just grab the TM and out of the door to library, grocery, craft.

So, my prep time in ECC -- gather enrichment reading, and normal supplies.

I really am an open and go type of person with MFW. On my good weeks, I at least spend about 10-15 minutes on Sunday night reading the week's assignments. But I get lazy or get on the computer and do something else. I just go down the grid and use MFW recommendations and I don't plan stuff! My time is for teaching.

When you get the manual, you'll want to spend some time reading through the introduction before you start school that year.

i don't want to say there is no prep time involved at all -- but it is really not very much time needed for prep at all. Gather your supplies and have them ready so you aren't running around the house like I did this past week looking for a pencil sharpener.....LOL even have one of those weeks?

-crystal

sojen

Unread post by sojen » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:14 pm

I am doing ECC with my 4th grade and 1st grade girls right now, and all of your concerns are well covered by this curriculum! I spend just a few minutes each week checking the supply list already provided in the TM. It's super easy. I spend about an hour every 2-3 weeks putting books on hold through our inter-library loan system, but then I just have to swing by and pick them up when they are ready.

At the beginning of the year they were a few more weird items (like earthworms) but now that we are into it a few months I have most stuff around the house. I love, love, love the MFW grid that sets up your day for you. It's wonderful. It gives me so much more time to do stuff with the kids.

And the Bible focus is great. It has really impacted our lives in a positive way.

Good luck with your decision!
Jen in GA
mom to dd 11, dd 8, and ds 5
traveling through the medieval world with RTR.
Slowly starting kindergarten with my little guy.

RachelT

Unread post by RachelT » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:29 am

We have enjoyed using MFW for a few years. We are beginning week 20 of ECC today and my son was saying that he wants to go on a mission to Haiti or be a pilot so he can fly people there! ECC has really begun a shift in our thinking about the whole world, not just our little world, and how many people need to hear the gospel. My children are in 1st and 3rd grades, but I think the 2nd and 5th would be about perfect for ECC. My 1st grader is pretty advanced academically so she does most everything in ECC. It is great to have a curriculum where I can work with both children together in most of our subjects. From your first post on this thread, it sounds like you and MFW would be a good match! :)

Rachel
Rachel, wife to Doug ~ 1995, mom to J (17) and B (15)
MFW K (twice), 1st (twice), Adv., ECC, & CtG 2006-2010,
Classical Conversations 2010-2016,
ECC/AHL 2016-17, eclectic 2017-18, WHL & US1 2018-19

http://rachelsreflections-rachelt.blogspot.com/

amelasky

Is ECC going to be boring?? What about MFW K?

Unread post by amelasky » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:06 pm

NicoleJ wrote:Hi! I have spent much time looking over catalogues. I really like the look of ECC as I think it is good to have a geog. year before starting history. I love that mission stories are included. I love the passport idea. I love the song cd. I guess I am just worried that... on the whole, it will be.... BORING! Please tell me all the fun things that I will get to do so I can be more excited!! Also, I need to know how fun and do-able MFW K is going to be. THANKS!
Nicole (in Western Australia, that's why my spelling is 'strange').
We loved both MFW K and ECC! I cannot imagine describing either one as boring. We had lots of fun and learned ever so much.
Annie
Married to my best friend and high school sweetheart for 18years. Blessed momma to my princess (14) and little warrior (10).
Exploration to 1850

Kelly1730

Re: Is ECC going to be boring?? What about MFW K?

Unread post by Kelly1730 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:10 am

My boys, just turned 9yo twins, loved "visiting" the different continents and countries. I think ECC is geared toward doing as much or as little "extras" as you like. We used videos and of course book basket to enhance their understanding of the different cultures. We didn't do too much cooking this year as the boys are pickier than most but that would have made it more fun for some. ( I'm hoping they will be more adventurous eaters when we do ECC again in 7th grade:) The coloring pages were a big hit with them. We loved ECC, I hope you do too:)
Blessings,
Kelly
Mom to 6
Mimi to 8
MFW K, MFW 1st, Adventures, ECC, CTG, RTR ,EXP-1850, 1850-MOD, Ancient History and Lit 2016-17

TriciaMR

Unread post by TriciaMR » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:20 am

My kids loved it. Even when my boys were just 4 they joined in on the "fun" stuff all the time. It was a great hit for my dd.

-Trish
Trish - Wife to Phil, Mom to Toni(18), Charlie(14), and Trent(14)
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2016-2017 - EXP1850, US1877
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

rxmom

Unread post by rxmom » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:52 am

ECC was SO much fun--cooking, crafts, geography game....etc. My kids LOVED the missionary stories and we all gained a deeper love for other nations and cultures....we cried, prayed, laughed, and prayed some more....we ended our year by sponsoring a child through World Vision. The foundation in geography is wonderful and this has definitely benefited their knowledge/understanding of the world in our CTG year. Have a blessed year!

Delcey
Blessed beyond measure...Lovin' MFW in SW VA
ds (14) ADV, ECC, CTG, RTR, EXP to 1850, 1850 to MT, Coming Soon...AHL!
ds (12) 1st grade, ADV, ECC, CTG, RTR, EXP to 1850, 1850 to MT
dd (9) MFWK, MFW1st, EXP to 1850, 1850 to MT

RB

Unread post by RB » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:55 am

We did ECC and K the same year and they are both great (non-boring) programs. My girls were 7 and 8 when we started ECC. The thing I wish I really knew then (that I know now) is that when doing ECC with 2nd and 3rd graders you really do get to focus on all the super-fun stuff without any guilt!!! We did all the things we loved (cooking projects, amazing read-alouds, art, music, wonderful book basket books, fiestas/parties). I didn't understand that you really don't need to do those geography research packets with 3rd grade and under. I think it would have been even more enjoyable if I'd enjoyed this freedom. (Of course you might have an 8 year old who is itching to do research packets, and that's OK, too :) )

After our ECC year I read some creative ideas for notebooking with the younger ages, instead of those packets...things like keeping a "travel journal" or making country collages. My girls would have loved doing some fun notebooking pages like that here and there. They did really enjoy the vocabulary cards and coloring pages and other notebooking things that were suggested in the manual.

Keep in mind that the first 2 weeks of ECC are really different than the rest, with longer days. They are important weeks though, so it might be worth looking at the manual before you start school to make sure you have a good plan for making them enjoyable.

Also, someone on this board recommended a book called "Our World" by Millie Miller, which has a 2 page spread for most of the countries studies in ECC. This was a great book for 2nd/3rd graders and I often summarized the Illustrated World Atlas readings and then added "Our World" which seemed to work well.

Also the Geography Game is super fun, especially with M&Ms (or something similar)!
R.B.
dd 15 dd 14 ds 12 ds 1
Adventures and 1st ('07/08), ECC and K ('08/09), CtG ('10-'11), RtR ('11-12), Expl-1850 ('12-'13)

doubleportion

Unread post by doubleportion » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:37 am

We LOVED ECC!!!!!

You can get a taste of what we did at my blog http://quietlyrunningtheracehomeschooling.blogspot.com/ (Go to the April posts for the ECC in retrospect)

Maybe that will give you a better idea of some of the fun things you do in ECC. ECC is the best school year we have EVER had homeschooling. It is also the reason I wanted to do MFW.

:-)

Edie

gratitude

Unread post by gratitude » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 pm

We LOVE MFW!

It is what put the life and purpose into home schooling. It is what is keeping me going next year. It is what kept me from quitting last January.

I have used A Beka, SL, & MFW. MFW is by far the best curriculum of the three, the most interesting, and the most fun!

I will say though you have to use it to find that out. The MFW catalogue was laid aside by me for a long time, left with an I am unsure attitude from me. I wish I had started with it 2 years ago, it would have made so much difference.

When the materials came in the mail they had a more subdued look to them. So I wasn't excited. My journal entry though after 3 days with MFW says it all, "Peace at last."

After a week I was amazed by the fun, peace, learning, etc. that was going on in our home. It's the content inside (rather than the package) that says it all. Six months later we still LOVE it! And I am missing doing it during this summer break we are having, and I am very excited to return to it in the fall! :-)