Customer Service

donnagio

Customer Service

Unread post by donnagio » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:21 pm

Great personal Service

I just wanted to say that Wednesday was BOX DAY!!! And I found that the box had been damaged, which in turn had damaged my Apologia Science textbook. I called to let the office know, and was politely asked if they could call me back. I got a call today from David Hazell, who wanted to make sure I was satisfied with the solution to the problem. I was so impressed that he would care enough to call personally, and offer a cost effective, fair solution.

I think it shows in a way the kind of action and life that MFW seeks to disciple in our children- to truly live the life that would glorify God and make it not just something we learn about or talk about, but something that we do. It is through and through, not just a surface veneer.

I think the best part of school last year was sitting with my son, reading the Bible and the stories of the Christian heroes,praying together, and sharing with him the things we both learned. I really want my children to have that kind of an education, where the Word of God is the foundation and the framework and the covering and the walls and the heart .... Donna
Donna
Steve's wife
Our children-
F(da 1984)graduated ps,in grad school
M (son 86)graduated ps,working
L(da 1989)graduated homeschool,engaged
and J( son 1996)currently homeschooling
Teaching and Learning CtG- 2nd year with MFW

kalphs

Courteous Staff and Fastest Shipping Ever

Unread post by kalphs » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:01 pm

I just want to say the staff at MFW are the most courteous people I have ever talked with either via email or on the telephone. They take the time to listen to what you are saying and answer any/all questions you may have about their products. As far as shipping I have to say MFW has the fastest shipping time I have ever experienced.
I give MFW an A+! :-)
homebychoice wrote:I agree!
Kathy aka as "Ms. Frizzle"
Married to Professor Logic
Mother to Little Miss Logic

LSH in MS

Customer Service

Unread post by LSH in MS » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:25 pm

I was so excited when the box came with 1850Mt. It came 2 days after I ordered it. Can you believe how fast they are?! I immediately began reading the TM and setting up the student notebooks.

I love the student pages and having them separate from the manual now. The manual is thinner and easier to manage.
Lori

wife to Clifford, mother to ds (17), ds (16), ds (15, ds (13), ds (8), and ds (3)
MFW user for 10 years

ManyXsBlessed

Customer Service

Unread post by ManyXsBlessed » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:40 pm

hsmomto3 wrote:I am impatient..>YES I AM. Just wondering how busy they are getting orders out right now....wondering how long from order to shipment is taking??
Deb
I had mine within a week. So far MFW has the fastest shipping I've seen. :-) I think ordered on a Sunday night and had it by Friday...
Erin
Mom to 3 boys (12, 10, and 7) and a baby girl
MFW EX-1850, Winter Promise LA, Apologia Gen, Teaching Textbooks, and A Beka

TurnOurHearts

Re: How quick til order shipped?

Unread post by TurnOurHearts » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:00 pm

They say 7-10 days, but many/most families receive it much sooner! :-)

HSmommi2mine

Unread post by HSmommi2mine » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Mine shipped out the next business day and then I got my UPS tracking number. It will be here Friday and I ordered Saturday. The first business day was Monday meaning 5 days from the time the order was received until I will have it in my hands. I sent my sil something at the same time and she already has it because she is in the mid-west.
~Christina

Wife to my favorite guy
Mom to 3 great kids

gressman9

Unread post by gressman9 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:59 pm

I ordered on a Saturday night....and it was here by Wednesday!!! This was just last week!

Great timing for this time of year, or anytime!

Carylee
crazily busy, but blessed mom2seven

cbollin

Unread post by cbollin » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:27 am

hsmomto3 wrote:I have ordered before but couldn't remember for sure how quick they shipped. I THOUGHT it was next day.

I ordered early Tuesday and still haven't gotten any notification :( I did get a confirmation in my email after placing my order.

I figured they are probably just bombarded right now so I will TRY and be patient....but that's difficult knowing I have such a TREASURE BOX coming my way :-)
Deb
Deb,

((hugs)) check spam filters for any notification. That does happen. I've had one or two MFW orders show up at my house without any email notification of shipment.

Or are you saying you didn't receive notification that your online order went through and you didn't get an order number? If that happened, maybe you should call them? But if it is just the case of waiting on a shipping notice....

restating what Paige said....
this is copy and pasted from their website "Once your order is processed, you should receive your package within 7-10 business days."

Even though they try to have it sooner, .. it is not "next day" on their website. Many of us do get shipments next day but this time of year, it might be 2 business days or it might be a little bit longer. They are still incredibly fast at shipping but this is a time of year when all vendors are at highest volume.

They are at 2 conventions this weekend and it's final weekend for conventions. ( hang in there vendor families...... if it's Plano, then you're almost home for the season ?)

-crystal

ButtercupsMom

Unread post by ButtercupsMom » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:44 pm

I ordered mine on the weekend and got it Wednesday!

Dawne :-)
MFW 1st (dd)

hsmomof5

Unread post by hsmomof5 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:49 pm

MFW has excellent customer service in my book. My orders using take 3-5 days. I'm not sure why so quickly but I'm not complaining. ;)
~Kysha
ds 19 (college freshman), ds 12, ds 12, and ds 10 (ECC '08) (CTG '09), dd 3 (Preschool)

hsmomto3

Unread post by hsmomto3 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:17 pm

thanks ladies, MY BOX CAME yesterday [Tuesday order, Friday delivery]. YEAH :-) Never got a email confirming shipment but that's ok. Just GLAD to have it. Now, can u believe I haven't even opened it yet !! In a little while I am going to sit down and dig into it....hopefully...

Debbie

bunnytracks

woohoo box day!

Unread post by bunnytracks » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:57 am

WOW!!! All I can say is WOW!! Thank you MFW for being so quick. You have always had great service but getting a package to Alaska in 2 days is amazing!!!!

Kimberly is super excited about starting MFW-1st. Now I am off to read the TM and get organized.
Proud wife 14 years to my Air Force man.
Homeschooling mom of 5 (4 boys and 1 girl)
I have used MFW ADV, ECC, and K

Julie in MN

Re: woohoo box day!

Unread post by Julie in MN » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:23 pm

bunnytracks wrote: getting a package to Alaska in 2 days is amazing!!!!
It boggles my mind !! !?
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs

LynnH

RECEIVED OUR ECC ORDER

Unread post by LynnH » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:54 pm

Wow, I ordered ECC Monday and received it last night (Wednesday), now that is what I call FAST!! My daughter couldn't wait to open the box. So the baby being asleep we quickly and quietly opened the box and browsed through it all. She went to bed and of course took one of the books with her. We are very excited to begin our studies but will not until the 15th of this month. I am so glad to have made the decision to go with ECC because I had doubts about getting it all done. I know that God will bless us and we will manage through just fine. Thanks to all you ladies who encouraged me recently when I sought out advice on going with ECC and juggling the needs of a baby as well. God Bless!
Lynn H
Lynn H. in Louisiana
DD12 - used MFW K, 1st, Adv, ECC, Exp-1850
DS5 - MFW K

Caryn

Can I just say WOW!!!?

Unread post by Caryn » Fri May 14, 2010 6:26 pm

I just ordered our ECC curriculum this morning and it already shipped! WOWSERS! This company has got customer service and efficiency down to a fine art!

We're SUPER excited about ECC because we're leaving in December for the mission field, and I can't think of a better way than ECC to prep the kids! It's such a joy to know that it was written by missions-minded people who love the Lord and who's lives testify to Christ :)

YAY! Thank you, Lord!
Julie in MN wrote:I'm used to good customer service from MFW, but this has me scratching my head in wonder. There are five conventions this weekend. Who's back at MFW to send your box ?? 8[]
ROFL :D I think it was poor old Brett I spoke to this afternoon. I was trying to get an idea of how long it was taking because we're going to hit the floor running when it comes, so I want to keep the calendar clear that week and have the kids mentally ready to go, go, go! He said it probably wouldn't go out today, but would go out Monday, and it takes 3 days to us.

I nearly fell off my chair when I got the info that it's already on it's way! Amazing!
Caryn
==============================================
dd9, ds8, and ds3 (Speech therapy and pre-k)
Pre-k (twice), K (twice), 1st (twice), Adventures, ECC and currently CtG
My blog: Considering Wildflowers

Camacho

The Best!

Unread post by Camacho » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:39 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE My Father's World!! It is the biggest blessing to our homeschool experience. We will be doing MFW 1st grade & CTG this year. I honestly am SO excited I want to start NOW!!! But the way we have our HS set up I'm not "supposed" to start until mid-August. We'll see... I just don't think I can wait that long. : )

Anyway, I'm thankful that MFW cust. service was able to help you. They are THE BEST!!! I spoke to them today, and hung up saying to my oldest (11), "What a blessing it is to call MFW, they radiate Christ' love even as they just simply answer my curriculum questions."

May Jesus bless you & your family as you seek Him & as He leads you this homeschooling year! I rejoice with you that He led you to MFW!
Della

AnnieMarie

Exp to 1850 new worksheets

Unread post by AnnieMarie » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:03 pm

I was surprised this afternoon to find something in the mail from MFW. I was wondering if I had forgotton that I had ordered something, so I opened it without thinking much of it. Too my wonderful surprise, I received a letter saying that there was a misprint on some of the worksheets and before I could worry about that (I am such a worrier), the letter went on to say that there were corrected sheets in the same package. I love MFW, for taking care of the problem without me stressing out about how I would be able to fix this. This is one of many reasons why I started with MFW way back, and have not gone awandering. :-)
AnnieMarie

DD 14 MFWK-1850Mod 2nd cycle ECC CTG AHL
DD 10 MFWK, MFW1, 1850Mod-RTR
DD 5 MFWK, MFW1 ECC-RTR

Julie in MN

Re: Exp to 1850 new worksheets

Unread post by Julie in MN » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Okay, reading some posts late, but the "evening news" should be more like this -- happy news :)
I actually am also amazed by the detailed and fast customer service at MFW. Whole families sacrifice their free time at this time of year for us.

Julie
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs

mgardenh

How long does shipping from MFW take?

Unread post by mgardenh » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:08 am

OklahomaJamie wrote:Ok, so I only ordered yesterday, but school starts Monday and I can't hardly wait!! LOL. It's our first year to homeschool. We live in Oklahoma, just wondering how long it takes to get our box. Thanks,
Jamie
Welcome to MFW

It doesn't take long. Usually one day to process the order and then ship. I get mine in 3 days from shipping usually! SO about 4 days. They are fast.

If you start school on Monday be prepared to hit the ground running. I recommend to people to read through the introduction and the first two weeks of the manual at least 3 times. The first time just read. The second time read and write down questions that come up for you but don't look for the answers yet. The third time read and look for the answers. By this time you have a pretty good idea of what you need to do. If you still have not found answers to your questions come here and ask. It is normal to feel overwhelmed. Especially the first time you read through the manual. The Hazel's have some great suggestions in the intro about how to fit stuff into your day. You will want to read that.

If your not ready to start monday don't push yourself. Allow your self some more time if you need it. You home school so you have a lot of freedom (of course you still need to follow your state rules)

You will do great! May Jesus bless you as you begin this adventure!
Mike
DH to Laurel
SAHD (mostly) to
Julia - 10 years old, Explorations to 1850
Alexis-7 years old, Explorations to1850 see her story at
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/alexisg
Have used MFW, k, 1st, Adventures, and ECC, CTG, RtR

jasntas

Re: How long does shipping from MFW take?

Unread post by jasntas » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:58 am

We will be starting school Monday as well. Our first week will start out pretty slow to get everyone in the habit of school 5 days a week again. We will start with a short field trip, with lots of pics. Day 2 will be more pics, All About Me posters, donut shop for breakfast, look through new materials and books, put binders together, etc. Day 3-5 start with some of the more fun stuff from ECC such as the paper dolls, John 3:16 poster, geography game, etc. Then the 2nd and 3rd weeks I'll add in more, probably as written in the TM. We'll see. I have heard it suggested many times here to spread the first couple of weeks of ECC over 3 week because the first 2 weeks are more intense than the rest of the year so that's what I plan to do. With the upcoming holiday and our joining a new hs group, etc. it may stretch into 4 weeks as we all get into the groove again. ;) :)

You might want to start out a bit slow too, since this is your first year hs'ing.

Enjoy your year and keep coming back here with any questions or concerns or to just 'visit' and be encouraged. And soon you'll be encouraging others. :-)

God bless!! :)

*Edit to add* It takes about 3 - 4 days to get our box, too. We are in CA
Tammie - Wife to James for 27 years
Mom to Justin (15) and Carissa (12)
ADV & K 2009-2010 . . . RTR (again) & WHL 2016-2017
http://tammiestime.blogspot.com/
The days of a mother are long but the years are short.

4littlehearts

Wow! My order came fast!!!

Unread post by 4littlehearts » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:15 pm

I placed my order after midnight on Thurs. (well technically Friday morning), and I just received my box today. I am amazed at how quick it came! I actually decided to order something else from MFW today. I cannot wait for my next box day from MFW.

Mom2theteam

I am excited!

Unread post by Mom2theteam » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:44 pm

cbollin wrote:...assuming things aren't delayed with that holiday in there...... might be an extra day or two.
I ordered on Thursday of last week. I got it today!!!! I'm totally excited. You should have seen me and the kids all running to the door when the bell rang and I saw it was UPS. 8[]
Heather
Wife to an amazing man
Mom to 6, ages 10, 7, 7, 5, 5, 3
Zack, 10 CtG
Samantha & Blake, twins, 7, CtG
Matthew & Joshua, twins, 5, MFW K
Nicholas, 3 derailing and tagging along

MFW-Lucy

Printing error

Unread post by MFW-Lucy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:01 am

schoolmom2 wrote:Does anyone else have pages 25-33 mixed up in their Illustrated World Atlas book?
Hi all,

If you ever have a problem with a book that you purchased from My Father's World, please contact us for a replacement. We are sorry for the inconvenience to you.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Lucy

mgardenh

Don't be afriad! And thank you MFW

Unread post by mgardenh » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 pm

To call the MFW office if you have a question on how to do something in the curriculum. We doing GTG and K. Today in K we came to a part in lesson 6 that was the first time to do it. I didn't have time to come here to find out how to do it and didn't understand the instructions. Seeing how I looked at it today and didn't prep (got to love it). So I called the office and told them I didn't understand and they gently and carefully led me through what to do. It was great. Very helpful and they weren't inconvenienced by it.

Thank you MFW! You are always so wonderful!

We get great help here on the board but don't be afraid to ask the MFW office too.
Mike
DH to Laurel
SAHD (mostly) to
Julia - 10 years old, Explorations to 1850
Alexis-7 years old, Explorations to1850 see her story at
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/alexisg
Have used MFW, k, 1st, Adventures, and ECC, CTG, RtR

booklovermom25

Christmas in North Carolina Comes Early!!

Unread post by booklovermom25 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Hello All,

My Christmas present came in a brown box yesterday, and it was full of beautiful new books, a manual, students' pages, stickers, and passports. Can you guess what it was? Yeah for me! I got MFW ECC! I am excited and so are the kids. We can't start until January, but I will be looking things over and getting our supplies together as this is our first time using MFW. I love the heart and mission of MFW, and am hoping that I have found our homeschool home. :)

I also want to commend MFW on super speedy shipping - even at this busy Christmas season. I submitted my order online Saturday night, and I had my books in hand Wednesday evening, and I live in NC!! Wow!

In His love,
RuthAnn
Disciple of Christ
Wife to dh for 13 yrs.
Mom to 5 dc ages 12, 11, 9, 6, & 3
Starting MFW ECC in January!