Schedule - Can we begin the MFW cycle mid-year?

DS4home

Finishing Mid year?

Unread post by DS4home » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:39 am

kayben wrote:We will only be finishing up week 17 in ECC by the time we break for Summer(we are in week 6 now). Would you suggest I pick up with the rest of ECC in Sept. and start CTG in January, or set ECC aside and begin CTG in September?

I could also not try to fit it in this year and just use ECC as is for next year and then I can include the two who are currently in first and technically begin the cycle with all 4. Then they will all have had ECC from Mexico forward. And save CTG for the following year. And if that isn't confusing enough, I have a dd who will be in AHL next year and was thinking that would be a reason for CTG?
Well, it seems to me that if you have the energy and focus to add ECC back in now then I would go ahead and do that! Then pick it back up again in the fall from wherever you left off. There are others on this board who have finished cycle years mid-year. There are also some who choose to school year round and/or go through most of the summer. With cycles like that people are ending and beginning their MFW curriculum at all different times of the year! So I wouldn't let the mid-year thing bother you! ;)

Dawn
Celebrating our 29th Anniversary <3
Amber(HS Grad, Married), Carmen(HS+Col Grad, Married), Nathan(HS Grad, College), & Bethany(10th).

2019: WHL for the 3rd time!
Completed the MFW cycle: Pre K-yr.5, AHL(pilot), WHL, US Hist.1

kayben

Re: Finishing Mid year?

Unread post by kayben » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:07 pm

thank you Dawn for your input! I appreciate it!
Rebecca loving my Dear DH 25 yrs
Kayla 19 and Married expecting grandbaby #1
Ben 18
Emily 15
Cassie 13
Zoe 11
Abby 10
Cooper 8
Ellie 6

Rosetum

We are starting in January!

Unread post by Rosetum » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:08 pm

Eagerly awaiting MFW to arrive safely!
This will be our first year using MFW, and chose ECC, K and preschool.

We are in South Africa, and our school year starts in January. I'm so exited!
Anyone else starting in January?

kw4blessings

Re: We are starting in January!

Unread post by kw4blessings » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:33 pm

Yay! I'm excited for you and your family. You're in for a real treat!

We just got our box yesterday. I am planning to start All Aboard with my 2 yo in Jan or Feb.

You will enjoy your school year so much. We are in week 5 of ECC and are finishing up learning about Mexico. We made a pinata this afternoon. Everyone (and everything) is covered in flour and liquid starch, but boy did we have fun! I'm using K with my 5 yo and he's working through Unit 5 right now. We love K! It really solidifies those basic phonics for the little ones. Looking forward to starting preschool in a super gentle format with my soon to be 3yo. I finally feel like I have the schedule/time to carve out some special "school" time for him.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and be happy with you! We will learn about Africa later in ECC and will think about you guys way across the Atlantic!
Kelly, blessed mama to
sweet girl 10, busy boys 8, 6, 3
Finished K, 1st, Adventures, ECC
2016-17 CTG, K, and All Aboard!

allipollitt

June Check In - When on a unique schedule

Unread post by allipollitt » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:08 pm

My son is off for the summer, but we start the new curriculum at a weird time.

He finished week 16 of Exploration to 1850 the first week of June. He will start at week 17 in September.

Today, I started a PBS doc about the War of 1812, and he fussed, "Mom, that's for next Fall." Hee. Hee. It was just for me, anyway.

Allison
Consider it all joy!