Grammar - One book per child?

Issues specific to teaching 6th to 8th graders, including the transition to Saxon math, Apologia science, Progeny Press guides, and grammar lessons
Julie in MN

Grammar - One book per child?

Unread post by Julie in MN » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:37 pm

? about Easy Grammar Ultimate series grade 8
Sophia77 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:16 pm
If I don't have access to a photocopier or other inexpensive way of copying, should I purchase a student workbook instead of the teacher edition sold by MFW? Or do I still need the teacher edition? I'm a secondary education English graduate, so I'm quite comfortable with teaching English, if that makes a difference. Thanks!
You don't need to copy the student pages from the teacher book, if you don't want. Your student can just write in the teacher book. There are clean pages in there that can be written on. So, you don't need to worry about making copies.

And yes, the pages in the teacher edition are also reproducible if you'd like to use it with other students later on, so you can make copies if you like. (If you get the student version, however, that isn't allowed to be reproduced.)

As for whether you'd like to teach and correct from the student book without having the answer key in the back, that's up to you. I found an answer key nice even when my student was doing things like 2+2, just because I didn't have to think while I was correcting :) But if grammar is your passion, maybe you'd enjoy that ;)

HTH,
Julie
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs

Sophia77

Re: ? about Easy Grammar Ultimate series grade 8

Unread post by Sophia77 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:43 pm

Thank you. That helps a lot!

faithfarmmom

Re: ? about Easy Grammar Ultimate series grade 8

Unread post by faithfarmmom » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:18 am

We had our son write his answers in a notebook so we can re-use the book for future children.