On the First Day of Christmas - Minutes with Marie

Bring your cup of tea and enjoy encouragement for your day.
Marie

On the First Day of Christmas - Minutes with Marie

Unread post by Marie » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:51 pm

I love Christmas! At our house it is still Christmas. I decided to have some fun this year with the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas." Since all my kids are grown and out of the house, I am thrilled to have a family of six visiting us for a week. I enlisted those kids to help me and we are having a blast.

Day One: We bought a can of pears, wrapped it with a tall brown paper to make a tree trunk, added some yellow paper pears we drew, and even put one small stuffed animal bird on top, in a nest. The kids and I stood up after supper, sang our verse, and made a little presentation to my "true love" -- a partridge in a pear tree.

Day Two: We made two turtles from paper plates and green paper. Inside the turtle we put some DOVE dark chocolate mint candies; I found a bag of individually wrapped pieces. (I usually avoid candy but two "turtle doves" was too fun to skip.)

and so on ...

I love the practical way we can focus on others and keep the Christmas spirit going. Each day we make something small and fun. Then we sing together and present our gift. The kids are really enjoying being a part of giving to someone else.

Humming that song all day,
Marie

gratefulmom

Re: On the First Day of Christmas - Minutes with Marie

Unread post by gratefulmom » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:15 pm

I love this idea. How fun!