Awesome first week!

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
bethinga

Awesome first week!

Unread post by bethinga » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:12 pm

We started school 3 weeks ago, but just started our CtG this week. I started them slowly with our routine and two subject a day the first week, then a review of all of our subjects the second week, and CtG this week.

I couldn't have asked for a better week! It started with the solar eclipse, which fit in perfectly with our Science study of Light!! 😍 And it ended with Sabbath celebration. A wonderful blessing so far! Looking forward to the weeks ahead!
Beth in GA
Mom to a boy and a girl
Using MFW since 2012

Julie in MN

Re: Awesome first week!

Unread post by Julie in MN » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Beth,

How fun to read about your family's experiences this week, both here and on the CTG Ideas board. It brings back fond memories of times our family was together in the Bible or in Bible experiences like the feasts. I am so happy we took advantage of those suggestions and they are now stored in my adult children's memories.

And what a fun connection to the study of light - those little connections are part of what makes a family's experiences their own. Blessings on all of the year ahead!

Julie
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs

bethinga

Unread post by bethinga » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:19 pm

Aaak! This week is the opposite. (Just being real, not complaining.) 😣 My daughter (3rd grade) cries about spelling and any kind of writing, and my son (5th grade) is crying about division. We couldn't get to the Cain and Abel journal page yesterday, so we need to do that today, but it's already 3pm. My daughter didn't want to write her Adam and Eve journal page on Tuesday so I typed out her oral narration to copy. She's still not done with it (it's just 4 sentences). We read Noah in Bible this morning, but might not be able to do the rest of history that's planned for today (even though that's what *I* was most excited about).

And we need haircuts today. The plan was to go after school. Presently trying to decide if we should do our "fun" stuff anyway and skip haircuts, finish journal pages first, or do haircuts only and stop school for today.

It ebbs and it flows, right?
Beth in GA
Mom to a boy and a girl
Using MFW since 2012

bethinga

Unread post by bethinga » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:32 pm

JUst an update: we chose to skip haircuts and do the fun stuff. We needed the fun stuff after a trying day. We measured our neighborhood street the length of Noah's ark-lol! 😄Yay! All's well that ends well. We'll tackle division tomorrow. 😉
Beth in GA
Mom to a boy and a girl
Using MFW since 2012

bethinga

Unread post by bethinga » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

And miraculously we finished out the week resolving our division problems and creating beautiful history notebook pages. Hopefully posting this here will help remind others (and ME) that bad days do not equal bad years, or even bad weeks. 😄
Beth in GA
Mom to a boy and a girl
Using MFW since 2012

bethinga

Unread post by bethinga » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Julie in MN wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm
Beth,

How fun to read about your family's experiences this week, both here and on the CTG Ideas board. It brings back fond memories of times our family was together in the Bible or in Bible experiences like the feasts. I am so happy we took advantage of those suggestions and they are now stored in my adult children's memories.

And what a fun connection to the study of light - those little connections are part of what makes a family's experiences their own. Blessings on all of the year ahead!

Julie
Thank you, Julie! ❤️😊
Beth in GA
Mom to a boy and a girl
Using MFW since 2012

Julie in MN

Unread post by Julie in MN » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:44 pm

This is a great encouragement! Thanks for the play-by-play :) It's so nice to have other homeschoolers who invite parents to glimpse "inside their homeschools."
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs