How do you store you used curriculum and resources?

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
arosemalone

How do you store you used curriculum and resources?

Unread post by arosemalone » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:51 pm

Do you think it is better to keep all the wonderful books we get in our curriculum packages out on shelves to access anytime after we finish the year's curriculum, or is it better to pack them away in a box so they will seem new and interesting to the younger ones when it comes time to use them again?
I am afraid that if I don't keep them together, some important books will get lost as the years go by and I wait to use ECC again. Then I would have to buy them again or do without them next time.
What do other experienced homeschooling mothers do?

DS4home

Re: How do you store you used curriculum and resources?

Unread post by DS4home » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:05 pm

I think a lot of it has to do with how much space you have in your house. I happen to have wall to wall shelving in one room of our house, so I keep all my books out. Each year takes a shelf. I have all my teacher manuals together on one shelf. And my kids each claim a shelf for their "cubby" to house their binders and math books, etc. for the current year. It's worked for us.

Dawn
Celebrating our 28th Anniversary <3
Amber(HS Grad, Married), Carmen(HS+Col Grad, Married), Nathan(HS Grad, College), & Bethany(9th).

2018: AHL for the 4th time!
Completed the MFW cycle: Pre K-yr.5, AHL(pilot), WHL, US Hist.1

allgrace

Re: How do you store you used curriculum and resources?

Unread post by allgrace » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm

I have young ones who would take the books all over the house so I put my books away in a tote. I will periodically bring out a book that we read previously, but I store them away. I buy book basket books so those are kept away until we need them. I have other books out all of the time and MFW books would get mixed in with those. It will be different when my kids are older.
Grace
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: VOD (slowly)
Ds 3: AAAT(slowly)
Ds. 1: nursing, diaper changes, sleeping in carrier😜