Prayers appreciated

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
bethinga

Prayers appreciated

Unread post by bethinga » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:39 pm

Hi, all- I posted here before that my best friend of 11 years and fellow homeschool mom passed away from brain cancer in January. We’ve taken a lot of breaks this school year. I am keeping up with school, but merely checking off boxes. I’m so thankful to have the “grid” to carry me along when I can’t muster up the creativity myself. It has been a comfort. But, I miss the joy and excitement I used to have. I’d love you all to pray that my joy in homeschooling will return. I love this time with my children and want to make the most of it. Thank you. ❤️
Beth in GA
Mom to a boy and a girl
Using MFW since 2012

Julie - Staff

Re: Prayers appreciated

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:31 pm

Beth,
I will be praying.

During times of grief, you may just be able to tread water for a bit. Managing to keep yourself together through this time is an accomplishment in itself and also a gift to your kids -- one that may be even more important than joy.

But I will pray for joy, too :)

I'm not sure whether you saw the link shared on the MFW Facebook page this week, but Lisa Appelo is someone who has been a comfort to me during difficult years. I don't think you have to be in her exact situation to benefit from her heart of hope : https://vimeo.com/83687498

Julie

bethinga

Unread post by bethinga » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:36 pm

I just saw that and felt it was for me!❤️

Thank you for your prayers.❤️
Beth in GA
Mom to a boy and a girl
Using MFW since 2012

allgrace

Unread post by allgrace » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:28 pm

I will pray for you Beth. God is our comforter.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.
2 Corinthians 1:3‭-‬7 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/2co.1.3-7.NIV
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: MFW K
Ds 3: VOD
Ds. 2: being very active😜