CTG - Week 1 (including the Sabbath & Creation)

If you are using Creation to the Greeks, please share your ideas with us.
Marie

CTG - Week 1 (including the Sabbath & Creation)

Unread post by Marie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:27 pm

Week 1
(including the Sabbath & Creation)

Additional ideas may be found on other areas of the message board:

Creation ideas: http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewtopic.php ... 1&p=67#p67 (K)
Creation ideas: http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3516 (1st)

Tina

Book basket

Unread post by Tina » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:27 pm

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:21 pm

We love to have book basket filled with all kinds of books and some videos. We are enjoying books right now on light, optical illusions and books about the jewish holidays.

All-of-a-Kind Family is a recommended reader in week one. It is by Sydney Taylor. We read All-of-a-kind Family Downtown out loud and my dd loved it! She is reading the rest of them, including All of a Kind Family Uptown, More All of a Kind Family, Ella of All of a Kind Family, and maybe another that I missed. I have other family readers going right now so I am not doing them all out loud, but she is reading them on her own. Nice, wholesome reading.

Lainie

Spice Box for Sabbath celebration

Unread post by Lainie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi all,
Just getting final things ready before we start on 25th. I decided to use an Altoid tin for the spice box.
  • I took an empty, washed and dried tin.

And put it face down on some blue paper, traced the edges and cut out.

Next I photocopied & enlarged (to 145%) page 44 of Celebrating Biblical Feasts onto a darker blue, sparkly paper. I only did this to get the Star of David shape. You could easily do this by hand. I cut the star out and attached it to the light blue paper like so... I only did this because it was fast and I needed to "uncheck" it from my brain. I'm sure there are many that will be way more creative with the lid.

Next I printed the Besamim (Smelling spices) Blessing.

I trimmed it and attached to some of the leftover dark blue paper.

Only because I have one, I ran both cards through my Xyron using the Laminate top/ adhesive bottom cartridge. You can use contact paper or cold laminate to cover the top or leave it plain. A turn of the crank and here it comes on the other side: It's now covered with laminate on the top and backed with adhesive.

I trim, peel and stick for the outside... and again for the inside.

The inside of the tin easily holds a 1/4 Cup.
    I plan on keeping my batch of spices (which makes about 1 Cup)
    in a Tupperware type container
    and pouring a 1/4 cup into the tin on celebration days.
I posted the how to here [with photos] http://mishmashmaggie.blogspot.com/2008 ... e-box.html if anyone wanted any ideas. Nothing spectacular but it works!
Lainie (Oregon)
"Sanctify them in truth; Thy word is truth" John 17:17

Have completed 1st, entire 5 year cycle, and all high school! Whoo hoo!
Have graduated one with MFW, 1 dd- junior, and 1ds- freshmen
http://mishmashmaggie.com/

Lainie

Tip for Day 1 God & History of Art Joni E. Tada exercise

Unread post by Lainie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:16 pm

For those who have not yet done Lesson #1: Lesson on Frustration-- a little helpful tip.

Before asking your child to use his teeth to hold pencils and draw you might want to check to see if their top two front teeth are loose. I'm sure knowing this info will help avoid a COMPLETE meltdown during the exercise.

We did re-group after discovering the tender, wiggly teeth were the root (no pun intended) of the problem. To participate, he used his non-dominant hand to draw and it was fine.

Whew.
Lainie (Oregon)
"Sanctify them in truth; Thy word is truth" John 17:17

Have completed 1st, entire 5 year cycle, and all high school! Whoo hoo!
Have graduated one with MFW, 1 dd- junior, and 1ds- freshmen
http://mishmashmaggie.com/

Julie - Staff

Havdalah candles

Unread post by Julie - Staff » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:05 pm

TurnOurHearts wrote:In preparing to start CTG, I am getting my Sabbath supplies ready ~ or trying to, at least. I've been searching all over for white Havdalah candles, as recommended by Celebrating Biblical Feasts. All the ones I'm finding are blue & white, purple & white ~ anything but ALL white. I know I'm having a neurotic moment (*sigh*), but I'd like to keep the meaning of the candles consistent from Friday into Saturday. It seems like using colored candles would detract from the point (Creation & Redemption being joined together). I know, I know ~ truly neurotic!

Has anyone else bought these, and if so, where did you find them?
Posted Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:44 pm by SandKsmama
Do you have Harris Teeter? (I ask that b/c I see you're in NC, and I am too) At our HT, they have a really large Jewish/Kosher section, and they have these candles in that section. Course, I discovered this *after* we did CTG, so I just used some regular old white candles that I found:-)

Posted Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:40 pm by dhudson
We just used plain white candles that I bought from Wal-mart. We saw some actual Havdalah candles around Passover but not when we needed them for the Sabbath.

I love that year Paige! It was one of my favorites! I can't wait to go around again in 3 years!

Posted Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:15 pm by Lainie
I also found this online. It's a set of 12 candles with a laminated blessing card for $4.95 without shipping. http://www.bargainjudaica.com/product.a ... &P_ID=7699

Sidenote/$0.02:
Dh and I used these pretty twisted beeswax candles in our wedding ceremony. I had him bring down our wedding box and we decided to use those for our Shabbat celebration. They've been packed away for 13+years we thought we'd put them to use. I also remembered my grandmother sent me some table linens that her mother embroidered that I'm having laundered. The note on them says they are at least 100 years old. It's not "Jewishy" but I wanted to use things that had significance to us. So I'll have a tablecloth, napkins and two cloths that will be our Challah Bread cloths. I'm not a big formal table setting kinda gal so these are things that we have/were given to us that I might not ever use. The Feast Celebrations are providing me with enough motivation to use these treasures that have been stored away. Just a thought in case you have some "treasures" hidden in your house that you've forgotten about that might be appropriate to use.

Posted Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:50 pm by TurnOurHearts
Thanks for bearing with me in my neuroses. I kept up the searching after I posted and found a beautiful natural beeswax Havdalah candle set (4 for $10). I decided that I could use my other 2 plain beeswax candles on Friday & that one on Saturday. Consistency can abound ~ just not in white. ;) Before I buy though, I will check out our local Harris Teeter (thank you for that tip!) and see what they have.

Thanks also for the idea to look at some of the special things we have here to use. We'll definitely be pulling out the wedding china & stemware (I so want it to memorable & special), and some of the treasures from the linen closet will be a perfect accent.

I'm so excited!! Thanks for all your responses, ladies. :)

Posted Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:04 pm by CareyMO
We will be doing CTG this year, so I've also been looking for the havdalah candles. While searching online, I found directions to make them from rolled beeswax sheets: http://www.chadiscrafts.com/fun/havdallahcandles.html

I thought it would be fun for the kids to make them and an inexpensive way to get the candles...not to mention you would be able to choose your own colors! :)

This is my first post, although I've been reading the forum for the last couple of years. I have gleaned so much helpful information here. Thank you, MFW, for providing this wonderful place to support one another and exchange ideas!

God Bless,
Carey

Posted Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:32 am by Julie in MN
I'm not sure where you live, but I've seen a table with Jewish items on display at most large Christian bookstores, such as Northwestern Books in Minnesota and Mardel in Colorado. There are Christians who practice Old Testament traditions.

Some Messianic churches have their own bookstores that include gifts and "Judaica." You might do a web search with your state or city.

I've also occasionally seen a small selection of Jewish candles and such in a secular store, such as Party City or Target, but maybe that was around the time of Hanukkah?

Julie

Posted Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:29 am by cbollin
I have an older manual that says you can substitute a regular candle for the "twisted candle". So, be encouraged that it is ok to get a regular dinner table candle and do that.

I used birthday candles as they were close enough to a twist in the design, and came in blue and white in the swirls. Held them together with a twist tie. We tried to warm them together, but it only sorta worked that way. So, there were plenty of birthday candles in the box and we just held them. It works for the purpose.

-crystal

cbollin

Re: CTG - Week 1 (including the Sabbath & Creation)

Unread post by cbollin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:31 pm

week 1 of CTG, Creation to the Greeks, includes trying to do the Sabbath routines.

Those of you who know me, know that, when possible, I like to simplify crafts and hands on projects instead of leaving it out. I know many people are quite skilled at fancy crafts. I'm not. and I just want to encourage people that you can do hands on even when it is simple and based on your talents and gifts.

Our Challah covering: a cloth napkin. We made a copy from the Celebrating the Feasts book of the challah covering embroidery thing and just colored it. put over a fancy cloth napkin and there we had it.
challah  covering.jpg
challah covering.jpg (36.79 KiB) Viewed 19233 times
Our spice box:
uhm... I looked at the ingredients and decided: I have one of those metal spice boxes that has most of that and it is called Pumpkin Pie spice. Wrapped it in aluminum foil, and decorated with foam stickers.

spice box.jpg
metal spice box, with foil and stickers
spice box.jpg (40.73 KiB) Viewed 19236 times

Centerprice:
something that was around the house was good enough. It was a vase and we used paper flowers from when we did ECC.

Candles: found some white candles.

now, do I have a fancy twisted candle for the ending ceremony? no. Can I get away with 2 birthday candles for that? use a twist tie after warming them up on the bottom? yeah, why not? Yes. It worked great. we had 2 birthday cake candles that were blue and white. I warmed them up in steam to twist the bottom together and then used a twist tie in the middle. Was it perfect. no. But it worked.

oh yeah, the bread. My oldest daughter did the braiding. We used a "one hour dinner bread" recipe.
challah.jpg
challah.jpg (50.57 KiB) Viewed 19236 times
Have fun with the celebration. We really enjoyed it. Nothing fancy.

-crystal

elyprincess

Unread post by elyprincess » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:50 am

Hi,

We have been working on week 1 for 2 weeks now...& we are getting so much out of it!! Praise God it is so exciting!! I just wanted to share the extras that we've found for anyone else who wants to explore creation a bit further...

There are 2 radio programs that have complimented our study so nicely...
the first is about Gen 1 http://tsiyon.org/mystery_of_god_elohim_in_genesis/

the second is about John 1 ( a commentary on Gen 1) http://tsiyon.org/the_word_greek_or_jewish/

& we have just loved the verse about Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew) that in him was LIGHT & that LIGHT was the LIFE of men...how cool that on the first day of creation Jesus was there & that is the beginning:)

We also enjoyed a little RED Clay...we found out that the word ADAM in Hebrew is also the word for RED & that Adam ( the man) was made from the Earth or Land (ADAMah in hebrew) - I had the children sculpt a man out of clay while we took turns reading Gen. 1 - a real visual picture

!!

We are loving this journey of reading God's word starting from the beginning & learning HIS history together-

will share more as we go:),
Dinah

tjkluse

Re: C to G about Sabbath celebration

Unread post by tjkluse » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:19 am

Sheena IA wrote:What do you all think if we push the celebration back? Is this going to really mess up the schedule? I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think we can get it in this weekend.
I knew that we couldn't 'do' the festivals the way I wanted to do them. So, my husband suggested skipping them for now and planning to go back to them when we take a break over the Christmas/New Year season. Lots of our current commitments take a break during that time period so we can really focus on them then.

The toughest thing to do, I find, is to give myself permission to do things that fit MY family. If the celebrations won't work right now, just know that you can return to them later when it will work.

cbollin

CTG- Sabbath making your own Challah?

Unread post by cbollin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:44 am

doubleportion wrote:I just wanted to find out if anyone else made their own Challah; and if they followed the recipe in the Celebrating Biblical Feasts or used another recipe from some where else?

I usually make my own whole wheat bread from home ground red winter wheat, ground in my Nutrimill. And then I mix and knead my bread in my Bosch Universal. I have made Spelt bread this way also for my ds with multiple food allergies.

Has anyone made Challah in a mixer and with freshly ground flour or whole wheat flour? I want to make our own Challah tomorrow for our Sabbath celebration on Sunday. I would like to make it out of home ground spelt flour (that way my ds can eat it too). Any experience, ideas etc?

Edie
We just used our regular one hour dinner bread recipe and oldest kid braided it. Didn't use the recipe in the book. just our quick one hour rise in the oven loaf.

I have an idea.
Make your bread that can be eaten in your family and enjoy it. don't worry about the braiding thing. bless the bread. enjoy.

If you want to have something on the table with braids.. just get some yarn for table decoration. I don't really remember anything special about the braiding except that it set it apart from everyday bread to just be special?

tiffany

Re: CTG- Sabbath making your own Challah?

Unread post by tiffany » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:25 pm

I made the recipe from the book, by hand. I am pretty much a novice when it comes to bread making. I helped my Mom a couple of times growing up, so I generally know how to knead and follow a recipe. I found it quite easy to make, and it turned out well. We purchased some challah later on in the year, and the kids liked mine better! Which was flattering, but I know that I wouldn't always be able to devote that much time to the making of it. Our grocery store has challah weekly. So does our Great Harvest bakery. I would think you could use any bread recipe you want and shape it like challah. But, the book recipe is pretty yummy. I look forward to doing the feasts again, when CTG comes back around. Have fun with your family.
Tiffany
Wife to Tim ('88)
Mother to Sophie 16, Jonathan 14, Joey 12, Noah 10, Matthew 8, Eli 4
Have completed MFWK, MFW 1st grade, ECC, CTG, RTR, Exp.-1850,1850-Mod., HS Ancients, HS World
Fall of '11 ECC,HS Ancients, HS U.S. History to 1877

TriciaMR

Unread post by TriciaMR » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Me! Me! I did! Except, I have a KitchenAid and not a Bosch (I'm envious of you, can you tell? ;) ).

I just made my usual recipe, and braided it and baked it on a cookie sheet instead of in a bread pan and it worked just fine. I've got pictures at my blog below (click on the CTG link on the upper right corner to get all my CTG posts, you'll probably want August or September of 2009).

-Trish
Trish - Wife to Phil, Mom to Toni(18), Charlie(14), and Trent(14)
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2016-2017 - EXP1850, US1877
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

dhudson

Unread post by dhudson » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:13 pm

I used my Bosch and I used the recipe in the book and loved it! Actually, I now routinely use this bread recipe as my white bread recipe since we loved it so much. I use King Arthur's Bread flour but I would imagine whatever flour you routinely substitute for would be fine as well. I have used Gluten free flour in this bread recipe and it was fine.
God Bless,
Dawn
http://www.shiningexamples.blogspot.com
blessed Mom of three - 16, 13 & 13
happy user of MFW since 2002

doubleportion

Unread post by doubleportion » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanks Trish! I know I can make my usual Spelt recipe and braid it. But I kind of wanted to try the recipe with eggs. I just don't want to waste ingredients. Spelt is very expensive compared to wheat.

I also usually make at least four loaves at a time, so I don't have any idea how I could even go about just adding in eggs for some of the liquid in my regular recipe and not have oodles of challah.

I guess my fall back plan will be to just make my regular spelt recipe and braid one loaf, but I was hoping for something special this first time around for Sabbath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn, we must be typing at the same time.

What kind of gluten free flour did you use? Did you make only one batch? Was it big enough for the Bosch? I find with my Universal Mixer if I make too small a batch it doesn't mix or knead well. Thank you!!!!!!!

Edie

doubleportion

Unread post by doubleportion » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:12 pm

dhudson wrote:I made a double batch and then gave the extra loaves away to Gluten free friends. I can't remember what brand as I bought it at Costco awhile ago. Sorry! :) My aunt, sister-in-law and several friends have gluten allergies so I have a passing knowledge of making gluten free foods but I don't have anyone in our house who is allergic but I've learned to just use our regular recipes and just substitute the gluten free flour.
Thanks. I could do that with the Spelt flour! :-)

I'm not sure what kind of Gluten free flour you used without mixing on medium for 2 minutes. Most gluten free flours need xantham gum or something like that to help with the texture. I have only made one type of gluten free yeasted bread. So I don't have much experience there. But spelt works very similarly to wheat in yeasted breads.

Thanks so much!!!

RBS in OH

CTG Sabbath centerpiece

Unread post by RBS in OH » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:04 pm

sojen wrote:So we are making the candle floats for the water, and the wick does not stay lit. Is it supposed to? Do I need more oil? How long should the wick be? My daughter made HUGE stars and cork circles and now I have no idea what bowl we should put five of these things in, lol! There won't be room on the table for our food! :-)

Has anyone done this craft with success? Tips?
Yes, we just made this today...and, of course, we HAD to light it to test if it would work....and it did! Anyhow, filling our bowl with a 1/2" depth of canola oil after putting in water seems to be working fine. Could it have anything to do with the size of hole the wick is coming up through? Ours are a bit generous, even allowing some of the oil to come up and sit on top of the stars. Do the wicks just need time to saturate with oil? On the length of the wick, we started out with 3-4", which I realized was an overkill, so they got trimmed; I think 1-2" will be just fine.

My dc would have loved to make huge stars like your dd did, but we only had 1 small foil pie tin to work with; but they did choose the largest glass bowl out of the choices given. ;) I hope you can get it to work AND that you can find a large enough bowl too! How about a glass casserole dish (big enough)??
Rachel

ds(14) 8) and dd(14) ;)
We've enjoyed ADV, ECC (2 times), CTG, RTR, EX-1850, 1850-MOD--and now AHL this year!

RachelT

Re: First Day with CTG!

Unread post by RachelT » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:04 pm

We spent an extra half hour looking at Joni Ereckson Tada's website because of the art lesson. That was really neat to see.

We are enjoying CtG and especially "Dinosaurs of Eden"! The kids did want me to read more yesterday. We have talked about Genesis and creation science in the past, especially in K and 1st grade. It's kind of neat to go back and explain it again now that a couple of years have passed (with ADV and ECC). Now, the kids are really wanting to understand the whole young earth/old earth and all of that. We love MFW!
Rachel, wife to Doug ~ 1995, mom to J (17) and B (15)
MFW K (twice), 1st (twice), Adv., ECC, & CtG 2006-2010,
Classical Conversations 2010-2016,
ECC/AHL 2016-17, eclectic 2017-18, WHL & US1 2018-19

http://rachelsreflections-rachelt.blogspot.com/

RBS in OH

Centerpiece and Challah covering

Unread post by RBS in OH » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:18 pm

amelasky wrote:I need further clarification on the Centerpiece and the Challah covering. Is the scale of the pictures on page 44 correct on the centerpiece? I was afraid that these would be too small. Please let me know if you have any advice or experience. Pictures would be even better. Thanks
I increased the challah covering design to be about 8" x 10" . We decided to stitch the design onto fabric and felt it would be easier for the kids to work with x's that were a little larger. With this size, the design was on the top and part of the sides of the bread. (Our challah was about the size of an average loaf of bread).

Our centerpiece stars were a little larger than the book's too. Just big enough to cut 4 out of the bottom of a 9" foil pie tin...and just right for floating in an average sized bowl.

I hope this explains it o.k. I took a picture, but don't know how to put it on here. (I'm not very computer-savy!)

...oh, and enjoy your Sabbath. Our preparation time was so busy, but was definitely worth it!
Rachel

ds(14) 8) and dd(14) ;)
We've enjoyed ADV, ECC (2 times), CTG, RTR, EX-1850, 1850-MOD--and now AHL this year!

NJCheryl

Re: CTG - Sabbath questions

Unread post by NJCheryl » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:24 pm

We just had our Sabbath celebration this past weekend. It was so great! I really teared up when my husband blessed each child. Boy, do we need to do that more often. On to your questions.

I used the same scale as in the book for the centerpiece floating candles. It worked great. We have 3 children, so they each made one. We put them in a cut glass bowl, and they looked really pretty. We did not do the challah covering project, I just used a cloth napkin, but we found directions on the internet to make our own beeswax havdalah candles. The kids had a lot of fun with it.

Enjoy your celebration. We are gearing up for the next one in another week!

Cheryl

amelasky

Unread post by amelasky » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:31 pm

Thanks so much for the help. I found the link to the spice box and borrowed the idea that Crystal had. I copied the page out of the book, taped scrap of white muslin fabric on top of it, traced the pattern on the fabric. Daughter then went over the outline with sharpies and colored it! Super fast and looks great.

We will tackle the centerpiece tomorrow. I am going to just go with the size in the book. It will be fun for her and she is so excited about celebrating the Sabbath. CTG is off to a great start and we've only done through DAY 2!

Thanks ever so much.
Annie
Married to my best friend and high school sweetheart for 18years. Blessed momma to my princess (14) and little warrior (10).
Exploration to 1850

sojen

Unread post by sojen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:10 am

I need further clarification on the Centerpiece and the Challah covering. Is the scale of the pictures on page 44 correct on the centerpiece? I was afraid that these would be too small.
I thought they would be too small also. My daughter made these HUGE stars and there was no way they would fit on the table. We cut them down to the size of the pattern in the book and they worked perfect. I found everything at Hobby Lobby and our table looked so pretty!
Jen in GA
mom to dd 11, dd 8, and ds 5
traveling through the medieval world with RTR.
Slowly starting kindergarten with my little guy.

sojen

Unread post by sojen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:28 am

So exciting! I figured out how to post a picture!
DSCN1399.JPG
DSCN1399.JPG (32.83 KiB) Viewed 17974 times
Jen in GA
mom to dd 11, dd 8, and ds 5
traveling through the medieval world with RTR.
Slowly starting kindergarten with my little guy.

MelissaB

Unread post by MelissaB » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi, all -
We just finished Week 1. Our family really enjoyed the Sabbath activities! We used the Altoids mint box idea for our spice box (Thanks, Lainie! :) ). The bread recipe in the book was delicious. And while "resting" on Saturday was a challenge, we did it, and it was one of the most restful & enjoyable weekends we've had in a while.
Melissa B. (Arkansas)
Girls ages 16 & 13
Completed K, 1st, and Investigate {ECC; CTG; RTR; Expl.-1850; and 1850-Mod. Times}
"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,.." Titus 2:4

TriciaMR

another starting CTG question

Unread post by TriciaMR » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Cyndi (AZ) wrote:DH really wants to participate in our Sabbath, but is not available that first weekend after we start school.

What do you think about having our Sabbath dinner the Friday before school starts? Make it a time of blessing the new year? What do we need to do? I can't find anything in the first week that is really "studying about the Sabbath" other than book basket and the Friday dinner stuff -- am I missing something? We can make the bread covering and the spice box early. I seriously walked into the grocery story yesterday and there was a cart of clearance items by the door! Boxes of Sabbat candles. 64 cents each. Grace, pure and simple. DH said he would take Sat off, too, and hang out with us and eat lunch (cholent) with us.

Does this sound doable? Or did I completely overlook something?
I think all the info is in the TM and feasts book. I don't really remember "studying about/for the Sabbath." I think I just read the book, and then Phil (my dh) and I read the parts from the Feasts book during the meal.

-Trish
Trish - Wife to Phil, Mom to Toni(18), Charlie(14), and Trent(14)
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2016-2017 - EXP1850, US1877
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

cbollin

Re: another starting CTG question

Unread post by cbollin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:48 pm

do it
do it
do it!

you really found the candles on sale? do it!

Here' s what to do...
go to week 1, daily notes. read the Preparation Sabbath paragraphs right after the grid.
next notes: Tuesday daily notes you get to skip that because you have candles.
then Friday notes.

Yes, you can kick off the year with this
or change your start date to Aug 1.but why?

I would just keep the "Monday start day" as August 8 and enjoy the Friday before as the official kick off day at sunset. That means this coming week, you read and do a small craft and plan for supper.

my spice box was a spice box (pumpkin pie spice from grocery store), wrapped in alum foil with foam stickers.

Have fun resting!

-crystal

Amy C.

Re: another starting CTG question

Unread post by Amy C. » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Cyndi (AZ) wrote:OK, thanks Trish. I think I built this thing up so big in my head that once I started reading, I felt like I had to be missing something.

I'm fairly certain we're copying your challah covering, Crystal - I like that idea and so will dd. I have a half-full tin of altoids in my purse - I figure I can empty it and kind of combine what you and Lainie did for the spice box. My spice containers just don't seem decoratable?

*whew* It's actually coming together.
I just wanted to say that I think that this [a time of blessing the new year] is a fabulous idea !!

And... I am so excited for you that you found your candles on sale. I never found any. I just made do. So, I think that this is just not a coincidence. God is so in control, and He has got this for you. It will be a great year!

Amy C.

P.S. to say that God is in control whether we find our Sabbat candles on sale or not, but I can't help but feel that that was His loving way of showing you His provision in all of this.