Bible - Making the most of this time

Art, Foreign Language, Music, Nature Walks, as well as general ideas and encouragement
DS4home

Re: having trouble starting day off right

Unread post by DS4home » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:49 pm

I think your idea to wait in the room as everyone arrives is a good one. That is usually what I do and it helps deter any goofing off right from the start. I like to have my cappacino made and have my own sense of peace about me before calling the kids to school. So I get my drink and announce school is starting on my way into our school room, that way I'm the first one there. I think it really does make a noticeable difference in expectations, when that structure is there from the start.

We always begin with group things. We start our time singing the hymn, then we do memory work together as a group, then I read the Bible lesson. After that they do individual work for a while. That's when I can separate them when needed, and do our work in different rooms of the house.

I hope to encourage you, you're coming up with some strategies already that may really make a difference. Going to prayer is, of course, the best first place to go :)

Dawn
Celebrating our 29th Anniversary <3
Amber(HS Grad, Married), Carmen(HS+Col Grad, Married), Nathan(HS Grad, College), & Bethany(10th).

2019: WHL for the 3rd time!
Completed the MFW cycle: Pre K-yr.5, AHL(pilot), WHL, US Hist.1

Angie

Re: having trouble starting day off right

Unread post by Angie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:48 am

I only teach one child so this suggestion is not based on experience, but maybe it will be helpful, especially for working with your 8 year old. Try doing memory work after Bible study time or separate from Bible time all together. Allow the older children to work on their Bible memory more independently while you work with the younger child. My dd is 6 and we are doing 1st this year. Some things I do with her that help with the memory work are:

I write out the verse in big letters and cut the words apart. Then my dd has to put them in order. She really loves puzzles and games so this is something she really enjoys and before I know it she has the verse memorized.

I also make up fill-in-the-blank verses for her. I'll write out the verse and leave out a couple of words and she fills them in. Sometimes I'll say the verse and stop and let my dd finish it or I'll ask her where the verse is found in the Bible so that she can rehearse the reference.

Sometimes, to review verses previously learned, I will ask her what the verse is that talks about "lying lips". She will usually remember some if not all of the verse. I usually bring these things up at random times.

We often practice the memory verse (and math facts too) while riding in the car or while she helps me with dinner or something totally unrelated to school time. For example: while working around the house we will quiz each other on addition facts (she likes to make sure I know them all too), while setting the table we will race to see who can say the memory verse faster, when in the car we will make up our own tune to sing the verse to. I try to make the memory work fun and not always a part of official school time. There are times that I'll actually have my dd recite her memory verse or math facts while sitting at the school table for the sake of teaching her how to sit still and focus, but that is not usually how she initially learns the memory work.

I hope this is somewhat helpful for you.

cbollin

How to have school time together...silly kids

Unread post by cbollin » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:49 am

ruthie5573 wrote:ugh! Are my kids the only ones that are silly & distracted during school!? I have been trying to have all 3 together first thing during school time so we can do our bible lesson together. It's basically my two boys that just get things started. They are good buddies and just silly. I did their lessons separately today & everyone listens & participates better that way. Is there hope for us to ever be able to do lessons together??? I feel really bad having discipline issues --especially during bible time. I dont' like removing privileges, etc. while we're discussing bible. :~
Melanie,
I'll try to start a bit... but I have girls :)

I look at the timing of the goofiness and decide from there what to do. Many times I've watched what teachers and leaders in group situation do to restore order in a smooth fashion and I try to duplicate that. I'm not sure I"m good at typing what I see and what I try. and some of it comes from watching groups of children and some of it from groups of adults. How do leaders in a group discussion get adults to stop being too goofy without losing control?

Are we just getting started for the day? Then we might get our sillies out for 5 minutes or something with an active song, or praise/worship tune and dance before the Lord.

Are we just tired at the end and brain fried and been working for a while? well, then we take a silly break and snack.

Are we in the middle of something and just losing attention for a brief moment? Well, I don't go to the extremes of what happened the other night with the middle school bible study (one of the men picked up the goofy teen boy and held him upside down and dunked him in the pool. LOL LOL LOL) but let's just say the boy chilled out. But if my kids are losing attention in the middle, then we do something a bit active to stay focused. I draw their attention back with a few short "hey. let's focus here, ok?" firm voice with seriousness in it "not now, save it for later."

Sometimes, I just laugh with them and don't care.

sometimes I build on the silly and keep teaching with it. (especially with my autistic kid)

sometimes, I keep teaching and ignore it while expecting them to settle down.

if mom Laughs More
it might mean than she Yells less.
ruthie5573 wrote:I feel really bad having discipline issues --especially during bible time.
Don't feel bad about something like this. everyone has children who act like children when they are children. Just tell yourself, "they are being trained".

Before you start Bible or any subject, tell them "we're going to practice with our grown up manners today while I read God's Word". Remind them if you have to. Don't feel bad about it.

I have a young adult friend, who turns 20 in a few months. He's a goof. well he was a lot goofier 2 years ago. It's a joy to watch him mature. Still, there are times that I've watched his dad remind him there's a time for goof and a time for serious. I've watching as his mom stills calls him by first and middle name while telling him to grow up a bit and stop hitting the head rest on the car. and I've watched as he did a lot of work helping a much younger boy not to distract adults in a book store with foolish games right then because the adults were working, and did so with a lot of grace and mercy to the younger boy. "dude. not now. play it cool."

I guess I'm just saying "no short cuts in parenting". Grace, mercy while being firm. Tell them before Bible time begins that you want to see the grown up manners in school time.
-crystal

IdahoGrown

Re: How to have school time together...silly kids

Unread post by IdahoGrown » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:54 am

My children are very, very silly too. It makes me giggle just thinking about it!

But like you, I don't like the silliness during Bible time.

Can you start the day with a different subject? Maybe you can start the day with a short story, a piece of classical music, or art?

Maybe having them draw a picture of the Bible lesson as they listen will help them to focus more? They could have Bible notebooks (three ring binders) to put their drawings in.

Best wishes!
Jean
Mom to dd 13 and ds 8
Hs'ing since 2004.
Using Adventures and RtR 2011-2012

Previous cores used: CtG 2010-2011

ruthie5573

Re: How to have school time together...silly kids

Unread post by ruthie5573 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:07 pm

ahhhhh! Thanks ladies! Crystal, such a sweet reminder to relax. I think I do have an "idea" in my head of what it should look like and I'm stressing myself out when it doesn't go as I think it should. I've been so anxious this year with adding the 2 little ones into the mix--a lot of worry about how to juggle. Yet, I also have been SO excited to bring them all together. And my precious 2 little ones are jumping for joy at the opportunity to do school like big brother! I love the ideas of learning to laugh along with them sometimes...and also to be firm and give the warning ahead of time about how we'll act during bible time. I think I'm a little ADD myself, so I have a hard time staying focused or rolling with the punches when my teaching is being interrupted by silly boys. :-) You are right, it is all part of training them and loving them. And I need to extend grace & mercy to myself in the process as well. Thanks for your encouragement. This board is such a wonderful place for me to come and bear my soul and receive advice. The Lord is so gracious!
Melanie

Mom of 3
7-year old boy
5-year old boy
3.5-year old girl

Proverbs 13:19
"A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul"

Just starting ADV & K

doubleportion

Memory verses songs?

Unread post by doubleportion » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:03 am

CalicoKat wrote:Memorizing verses has always worked best for us if they're sung. We usually make up our own tune but the passages in RTR are quite a bit longer than we've done before and I'm just wondering if someone else has found these verses set to music elsewhere. I don't mind piecing things together from various sources.

Thanks in advance.
We are not doing RTR yet, so I am not sure what the memory verses are. But you might check http://www.singtheword.com/. Everything they sell is all scriptures set to great music. You will have to look at each page to see the scriptures on each CD, but you will likely find some of what you are looking for. That is what we have used in the past and loved them! BTW they are sold through Rainbow too.

HTH
Edie

cbollin

Commentary for Matthew?

Unread post by cbollin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:25 pm

hollybygolly wrote:We're in week 9 of ECC and other than being very busy, it's been good! :) My question is about the Bible part...my girls (8 yrs. old) get the gist, but get a glazed look when I ask them what the verses mean. Children's commentary? Ideas? ~Holly
I use my study bible notes and tell them information at this age that they don't get. My study Bible has historical notes and little stuff. Also, I ask God to reveal to us what he wants us to know that reading.
hollybygolly wrote:Dh prefers straight KJV
If he's ok with getting a children's version (if it exists) of the translation he prefer, or getting a study bible in that translation, ok, that might help.

Given their ages it might be a "deep level" thing too. They'll get to study God's Word their whole lives. (so that could be it too - and might be. I know I overexpected for a long time.)

another thought? Is your dh able/available to teach the Bible lesson the night before with them?
-crystal

Julie in MN

Re: Commentary for Matthew?

Unread post by Julie in MN » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Holly,
We're not real into workbooks and such at our house, but here are a couple of random things we've used at times:

Over the years I sometimes got out What the Bible is All About for Young Explorers. It just has short little intros to each book, and little summaries of each section of the book -- just something to give you to chat about?

And another thing we've used off-and-on is a prayer journal. Samaritan's Purse used to give them to volunteers and I think at conventions, but not sure if they do any more. Anyways, a prayer journal sometimes gives kids the motivation to listen for something to pray for? I know you're praying in ECC for the countries, but maybe adding something from the Bible reading?

Some kids might benefit from coloring pages or simple Bible verse worksheets to keep a concept in their minds. There are a lot of free ones online, such as those from Calvary Chapel.

Finally, we're always up for adding music at our house. There are songs based on Bible verses, or I got "The Ballad of Matthew's Begats" for one year. We did Hymns for a Kid's Heart during the first time through ECC. Music tends to draw my ds into something he's going to need to pay attention to...

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, since there is no commentary in sight :)
As for the version, have you tried reading the NIrV version, such as the Bible used in Adventures? I love that version for taking folks through the whole Bible for the first time, at any age.

If you only use King James, I don't know if this would work (and it's not cheap), but Uncle Rick (Rick Boyer) reads the book of Matthew in the KJV (line by line) and gives comments as he goes along. It's called Uncle Rick Reads the Gospel of Matthew . I wasn't able to locate a sample on a quick search, but CBD does have a sample of Uncle Rick reading Proverbs. We listened to him read Proverbs last year and I thought he made the KJV much easier to understand. The only thing is that it would be hard to stop in the middle of a chapter?

Julie
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs

hollybygolly

Unread post by hollybygolly » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:50 am

jasntas wrote:Holly, how does hubby feel about the New King James? It is pretty much the same text but in modern English. It is much easier to understand than Old English and my DH and I have found it to be the closest true translation from the KJ. My DH preaches out of the NKJ. We have a lot of older 'purists' in our congregation but he never gets complaints. When others read from other versions there are lots of complaints. (My DH is Assoc. Pastor). Just an idea if your DH is not open to the NIrV for the commentary.

I like using the NIrV for the dc as well. My dh reads out of the NIV to our dc but will compare it with NKJ if it's not a close enough translation for him. Oh, and he does his own commentaries. I'm not as good at that so I like the easier to understand version.

Now I'm rambling. :~
Nope...only the KJV. (note: this is a husband preference which I try to honor...I've never done any deep study on the different versions and was personally saved and grew using the NIV!). He did say that we could purchase a King James Study Bible so that I can read the notes from there. We may go that route. Interestingly, we've never had an issue with the girls understanding the King James. They've been raised with it (we attend an ind./fund/Baptist church)! I think the passages are a bit longer, and maybe I'm expecting too deep of a level on their part. Hmmm...

Crystal: I don't own a study Bible! I only use the Thompson Chain Ref. so no notes in there...I used to have a Study BIble, but it was not the King James.

Dh teaching the Bible lesson the night before may be the way to go... we do devotions at night, but using another source. Perhaps he could read the verses to them and discuss them for our devotions...he's better at this than I am (unless I have an hour to pull out my Vine's dictionary and my Nelson commentary which obviously doesn't happen during school :-) !) Why didn't I think of this?

Julie: I have the CD you're talking about...maybe I'll play that for them. It's really hard to find the exact spot in Matthew that we're on, but it's worth it if it opens up the Scripture for them. Or... we can play the CD as they go to sleep!

Oh it helps to just chat these things through! Thanks, Ladies!! Much appreciated!! ~Holly
Have a blessed day loving our Savior-Holly
Mommy to: Annie and Lynne (11), Maely (8), Gracie (6) and one precious one waiting in Heaven
Completed: MFW K; 1st Grade; Adventures; ECC
Currently using~MFW 1st grade (again!); Rome to Reformation

jasntas

Unread post by jasntas » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:04 am

I think there are KJV study Bibles for kids. That might be the way to go if DH is open to it. Just another idea. :)
Tammie - Wife to James for 27 years
Mom to Justin (15) and Carissa (12)
ADV & K 2009-2010 . . . RTR (again) & WHL 2016-2017
http://tammiestime.blogspot.com/
The days of a mother are long but the years are short.

Julie in MN

Unread post by Julie in MN » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:20 am

hollybygolly wrote:Julie: I have the CD you're talking about...maybe I'll play that for them. It's really hard to find the exact spot in Matthew that we're on, but it's worth it if it opens up the Scripture for them.
Or maybe listen to the whole chapter as a preview, or as a review? Since you have it...
beaglemamma2008 wrote:Julie, I've never heard of that resource before. Sounds great!
Your welcome, Jennifer! I happened upon their booth at convention, while wandering aimlessly for a bit -- since I don't need to buy much these days except at one particular booth 8[] Anyways, I grilled them about a 14yo listening to "Uncle Rick" and the young gal assured me that her older brother still enjoyed the CDs. I found my ds did indeed enjoy his reading of Proverbs -- actually more than when we were reading it ourselves. It also made the KJV very approachable, which also was good for my ds.

But as Holly mentioned, it wouldn't be easy to break up the chapters on the CD (old-fashioned, I know, but I still prefer cassettes).
Julie

Joyhomeschool

Anyone have a "memory period"?

Unread post by Joyhomeschool » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:26 am

G'smom wrote:where you do memory work?
Yes when the grid says "Memory Verse" or "Vocabulary" Lol. But we also go over our Awana verses at lunch time. In the past I've had a stack of 3x5's w all memory work on them. We'd just sit at breakfast or lunch and flip through them. It was a great time for math flash cards as well.
Vicki
Homeschooling my 7,
2018/2019 1st, EXP, AHL, US 2

TriciaMR

Re: Anyone have a "memory period"?

Unread post by TriciaMR » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:38 am

For my kids and doing MFW Bible memory work, we do it during "Bible" time. In the past, I've posted verses on the wall.

But, now that I have 3 kids in AWANA, and 2 are dyslexic, I record on my computer (with a microphone) the verses they are suppose to be working on, and then copy them to their MP3 players, so they can listen and follow along in the book. This is one of their "independent" activities they do while I'm working one-on-one.

For "Vocabulary" - that was also independent work for my oldest.

-Trish
Trish - Wife to Phil, Mom to Toni(18), Charlie(14), and Trent(14)
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2016-2017 - EXP1850, US1877
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

Cyndi (AZ)

Re: Anyone have a "memory period"?

Unread post by Cyndi (AZ) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:31 am

My dd is very kinesthetic. (I'm so glad that there's a word for "my daughter can't sit still to save her life but can actually memorize something or do math facts while she's spinning in circles.")

She writes the BIble verse on the white board - BIG. Then reads it while she stands there swaying. Erases 2-3 words, spins around, reads it again. Repeats until the entire verse is erased and memorized.

If there is a poem to be memorized, she only does one stanza per day.
2018/19: US1877
used MFW from K through WHL

SarahP

Bible reading - thought I'd share

Unread post by SarahP » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:51 am

We are doing ECC (and first grade) and I usually use the laptop to pull up the bible selections on the ESV bible's website. I discovered that they have a listen feature that will read the selection for you. I believe that biblegateway.com has this same feature. I prefer the ESV speaker though, b/c he is less theatrical then the biblegateway guy.

It's nice to give myself a break and just listen to the selection while my 8 year old and I read along silently.
We've also been using this for his daily bible reading time - he's able to read along silently while listening. This helps him to know how to pronounce the words he is reading and helps to make sure he is skipping whole likes of text by mistake.

Hopefully this helps someone :)

Oh, and can I also add - I love, love, love how the MFW bible lesson plans are opening up amazing conversations with my son - we've talked about baptism, bearing fruit, understanding God's Word in context, and SO much more.

fdjoyce

Re: Bible reading - thought I'd share

Unread post by fdjoyce » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Along those same lines-

If you use an ipod touch, iphone, etc the YouVersion app is great! You can have several different translations right at your fingertips (if you like to read the same verse in multiple translations like I do.) Most of the translations have the option of having them read aloud to you as well. Also, you can download your favorite translations so they are always available on your ipod (in case like me you don't always have wi-fi access.)

TriciaMR

ECC Bible - Will you break it down for me?

Unread post by TriciaMR » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:06 am

abrightmom wrote:We read, memorize, and write Scripture. Window on the World is a prayer focus. Hero Tales helps us focus on godly character. What are we doing with Matthew? Are we simply reading and discussing?
The goal is to see how God loves everyone in the world. My favorite question to ask the kids when we would read Matthew was, "What do we learn about God from this passage?"

-Trish
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

TriciaMR

Please explain required binders/notebooks in simple term

Unread post by TriciaMR » Sun May 27, 2012 4:18 pm

albanyaloe wrote:What books/binders should I have for my children to write in for ECC? And do I have to do it like that? We usually keep all our Bible in a big hardback book, for each child, copywork verses and all.
Thanks,
Lindy
Lindy,
{Hugs} Do whatever works best for your family. If you like keeping Bible in a separate book, go for it.

That year I kept a separate spiral notebook for our Bible time. After we read the passage, I would ask the kids, "What did you learn about God today?" and then I would write their answers. I did the same thing in CTG. The copywork went into their Binder. But, do it the way you want.
Trish
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

MOMS

Family building game

Unread post by MOMS » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:36 pm

The Lord had really put it on my heart for our family to get to know some of the simple things about about each other better
so I cut index cards in half & made mini flash cards with qs. like: What is Daddy's favorite Bible story? or What is Mama's favorite flavor of ice cream? Or When is Stevies birthday? then on the back i put a 1 (for 1point) or 2 (2points for harder qs) some cards had a big X on them (3 X's & youre out). I read all the qs while the rest of the family answered. The kids (10, 7 & 5) LOVE this game. only problem is coming up with new qs when the memorize the old ones. Even the baby 2&1/2 gets excited & yells things out... its been alota fun :-)
**Rachel** married to Hondo
2nd yr homeschooler
Bubba 10, Sato 7, Mia 4 & Baby Hondo 2

Buttercup78

66 books

Unread post by Buttercup78 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:22 pm

4monkeyz wrote:When I was looking over my 1st grade TM, I noticed that one of the upcoming days includes a brief mention of the 66 books of the Bible. My two littles are tagging along and I thought it would be fun to have something extra for them to do (nothing highly involved here). I am looking for something to color or maybe another fun activity?? I have looked all over the internet and can not find anything. Any suggestions??!! :~
What about something like this? I just googled "books of the Bible" and clicked on images.
http://www.foundbytes.com/bibleintro/Wh ... helv35.jpg
Nikki, Mom to:
R (1991) 2012 Graduate
J (2003)

S (2005)
E (2006)
J (2009)

S (2013)
E (2014)

We have used K, 1st, Adventures, ECC and CTG - Starting K with my little guys in 2019!
http://myfathersworldinpa.blogspot.com

Julie in MN

Challenging Bible Memory Project for Exp/1850 SECOND TIME

Unread post by Julie in MN » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:36 am

Lisa B wrote:Exploration to 1850 assigns students to memorize the book of James during the year. Our family actually did this 5 years ago, and it was really a wonderful experience! However, this year, since we are in the 2nd go-round of Exp/1850 (with some new and some repeat children involved), I am thinking about substituting for a different challenging and edifying Bible memory project instead of James. I am considering the book of 1 Peter or catechism question and answers. Or possibly just doing James for the 2nd time.

Any suggestions or experience doing another Bible memory project for this year?
I don't have a great Bible memory project, but one semester of repeat ECC Bible, we actually did the 1st grade Proverbs Bible. My son did the copywork and he listened to all of Proverbs read (and occasionally explained) by "Uncle Rick" (KJV). It became a favorite of his.

Mostly bumping you up for more ideas!
Julie

TriciaMR

Online Bible ?

Unread post by TriciaMR » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:23 pm

jasntas wrote:Hello everyone. At one time I thought I read here about a free online Bible that would 'read' to the child. I have searched but can't seem to remember where I saw it. Does anyone know where I could find it? TIA
biblegateway dot com has a speaker icon that you can click and it will read the passage to you.
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

jasntas

Re: Online Bible ?

Unread post by jasntas » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Thank you, Trish. I think that was the one I was looking for. :)
Tammie - Wife to James for 27 years
Mom to Justin (15) and Carissa (12)
ADV & K 2009-2010 . . . RTR (again) & WHL 2016-2017
http://tammiestime.blogspot.com/
The days of a mother are long but the years are short.

Mom2theteam

Anyone planning to read the Bible along with child(ren)

Unread post by Mom2theteam » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:48 pm

lea_lpz wrote:My dd is starting mfw1st and am becoming inspired to be more deliberate about sticking with my own devotional time. I'm thinking I could do a Bible reading plan so I also read through the Bible Stories and proverbs daily. Then I could also just read what she's reading, but I am thinking reading the Bible plus a daily proverbs or psalms. Anyone done this?
I started a read through the Bible in a year program while we were doing first. I didn't end up always in sync with what he was learning, but it was still nice. Plus, the added benefit is that I'm better about reading my Bible daily now. :-)

I do my Read through in a year on You Version. I am using the chronological order version of reading through in a year. I admit, I'm "behind" and use the catch up feature a lot. But, I am more consistent than I used to be.

Yes, I started this after being inspired by his MFW 1st program. Woo Hoo for MFW nurturing the spirit of our whole family!!!
Heather
Wife to an amazing man
Mom to 6, ages 10, 7, 7, 5, 5, 3
Zack, 10 CtG
Samantha & Blake, twins, 7, CtG
Matthew & Joshua, twins, 5, MFW K
Nicholas, 3 derailing and tagging along

MelissaB

Re: Anyone planning to read the Bible along with child(ren)

Unread post by MelissaB » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:41 pm

For many years, we read a Psalm each morning and a Proverb each night at bedtime. Bedtime is a great time for Proverbs because it's very full of topics you'll want to discuss.

Another great thing about Proverbs? There are 31 chapters, the exact number of days in most months. We never had to remember what chptr. we were on- just the date! :-)

At times, I thought Psalms was too "sad." But you know what? As our family has gone through challenges, those Psalms come to mind in real-life situations. They have been a real encouragement.

Just follow the Lord as He leads you. He knows exactly what our family needs, and we can trust Him as He prepares our sweet children for the future
Melissa B. (Arkansas)
Girls ages 16 & 13
Completed K, 1st, and Investigate {ECC; CTG; RTR; Expl.-1850; and 1850-Mod. Times}
"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,.." Titus 2:4