Badges - Ideas for wearing them and alternatives

If you are using God's Creation From A to Z, please share your ideas with us.
SonShineJewel

Re: New Badges in Kindergarden

Unread post by SonShineJewel » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:05 pm

I did the same as fdjoyce, saved the reg. tag holders from convention.
My three boys accumulated them each week and even used them like trading cards ;-)
It was also how they "checked in" for school, they wore them until all activities were complete and they could then "check out" by hanging them on a little plastic hook (like 3M command).

The boys Loved <3 them.
SonShineJewel
ds8 (3rd)
ds6 (K)
& ds6 (K)
**mfwA-Z & mfwADV**

Dusenkids

Unread post by Dusenkids » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:12 pm

We are hanging ours around our bulletin board each time ds learns one. He can easily see how much he has learned. He gets really excited about that! We don’t wear them because our nearest neighbor is a cow…moo. That also keeps them handy if I want to review something later. I did laminate them first!
Martie
Married to Nathan 15 years
Mom to 8 boys ages 12 to newborn
Have used Kindergarten to Modern

Poohbee

Unread post by Poohbee » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:01 pm

I was just at Target yesterday, and in the school supply part of the dollar section, there is a pocket scheduling chart. It comes in red or blue, I think. It has thin strips of clear plastic to form the pockets. In any case, I picked up one of those last summer, and it works perfectly for displaying the new badges in K.
Jen
happily married to Vince (19 yrs)
blessed by MFW since 2006
have used every year K-1850MOD
2018-2019: Adventures with 9yo boy

alisoncooks

Unread post by alisoncooks » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Poohbee wrote:I was just at Target yesterday, and in the school supply part of the dollar section, there is a pocket scheduling chart. It comes in red or blue, I think. It has thin strips of clear plastic to form the pockets. In any case, I picked up one of those last summer, and it works perfectly for displaying the new badges in K.
Great idea! I was thinking about getting a larger pocket chart for the badges, but even better if I can get something smaller and cheaper!
Married to DH since 2000, with 2 sweet girls (2006 & 2008).

lisabee

Unread post by lisabee » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:32 pm

What a great idea to use the pocket charts! I need to get one!

My hubby snagged me a nice full size corkboard that we are hanging on the wall this weekend...that would be wonderful to have on it!
Lisa M.
Mom to two fabulous farm-fresh boys
Little Britches (5 1/2)
Baby Britches (1)
My Blog about Homeschooling and Life on the Farm: Farm Fresh Adventures

jackamomma

Re: Badges - Ideas for wearing them and alternatives

Unread post by jackamomma » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:04 am

I love the shrinky dinks idea! So far we are on week 7 of kindergarten but have not created badges because I did not know what I wanted to do with them. I love this idea! Thank you! :-)

pickledpandas

Unread post by pickledpandas » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:40 pm

We are going to be starting kindergarten soon and I plan on having my kiddo draw on a circle template for each one and I'll take them to our teacher resource center and turn them into pinback buttons for him to wear (they cost $0.35 each to make there, so really affordable). He gets patches from wood workshop at Lowe's and patches at cubbies and really enjoys it, so I think he will enjoy having buttons to wear on his own kindergarten vest or something. I'll post pictures on my blog and link up once we get started, if anyone is interested.
Full time mommy to two wild boys, Azariah (5/16/08) and Hananiah (2/13/12).
Crafting when I can for my business http://pickledpandas.com
Starting to document my life again http://picklesandpandas.blogspot.com/

Ceallaigh

Unread post by Ceallaigh » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:34 pm

I was brainstorming for ideas of what to do with the badges and we are going to make them into a scrap book with various other items and pictures from each unit.

Another idea that I had that would be great for a girl (and I have a son). Take Shrinky dink sheets to make the badges (or #6 plastic) and then shrink them to make charms. This way they can all be added to a necklace or something. (this would only work with the pictures though. The words would be too small after shrinking. )

HouseofCockrell

Unread post by HouseofCockrell » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:42 pm

Ok, this might have already been posted(I think I read all of the previous posts, but I'm trying to finish my posts quick before dd wakes up from her nap, so I could have missed a couple!), but we are gluing our badges onto magnet strips and my ds is giving them away (outreach). He mostly wants to give them to grandma, aunts, uncles, etc. but you could give them as small gifts for people like the nurse at the doctor's office or simply ask family members to take them to put on their desk at work where others in their office are sure to see and ask about them!

Also, that ShrinkyDink idea was WAY cute!! What a great charm bracelet! I will have to save that for when my dd does kindergarten! Come to think of it, my ds would probably like it too... Lol!
I'm Lauren married to my best friend, Mark, since 2005.
Mommy to ds, born 2008 and dd, born 2011.
Once upon a time, I began a teaching career, then left to be a stay-at-home mom. That's when my education really began...:-)

bethinga

K badge patterns...into felt Christmas ornaments?

Unread post by bethinga » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:57 am

The theme cards I mount on a small rectangle of colored construction paper each new unit, give it two black construction paper "wheels", and have them lined up on our wall as a train. The engine car (front car) is the Creation Foundation verse card, mounted on a bigger rectangle, with a smoke stack, and my kids drawn in the window, waving. :)
http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewtopic.php ... 838#p94838

K badge patterns...into felt Christmas ornaments? I'm thinking if I made felt ornaments, they'd be keepsakes for a very long time. I don't think I'd need to write the unit phrase on them, because it'd be fun just trying to remember what each one means. So, felt sun, moon, leaf, etc. And, since we won't be done with K by this Christmas, we'll have the rest of the ornaments in the curriculum done by next Christmas.

Okay, here's a sun ornament:
http://blissfullydomestic.com/family-bl ... ion/17289/
Beth in GA
Mom to a boy and a girl
Using MFW since 2012

cbollin

Re: K badge patterns...into felt Chrsitmas ornaments?

Unread post by cbollin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:18 am

That sounds like a beautiful project to do. I'm sure you'd treasure it for years as keepsake. Or maybe make another set to give to someone with the themes on it. What a beautiful idea for family service project to bless others with a 2nd copy of them or something like that. It could decorate a wall in a hospital room, or house of someone with not a lot of friends, or one of those Salvation Army Gift gifting trees for a senior.

sounds like a beautiful project to start.

-crystal

romans8x28

Re: K badge patterns...into felt Chrsitmas ornaments?

Unread post by romans8x28 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:53 am

This sounds like a really great idea! You might just have to lead the way and share your pictures for the rest of us to follow!!
Rhonda is teaching:
Girl - 9, Boy - 7, Girl - 2, Baby in September!

2011-2012 - K-1st Ed.
2012-2013 - First-1st Ed.
2013-2014 - Adventures-2nd Ed., K-2nd Ed.
2014-2015 - ECC-2nd Ed., ECC & First-2nd Ed.